sudo: must be setuid root
when i try to use sudo to lunch aan application , i get this issue : sudo: must be setuid root
[pirat9@Fedora15 Documents]$ sudo yum install nikto Output sudo: must be setuid root
How to solve this ?
Open terminal and enter as root
su - root
chmod 4755 /usr/bin/sudo
Now you will able to able to sue sudo or gksu correctly
[pirat9@Fedora15 Documents]$ sudo yum install nikto [sudo] password for pirat9: Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit Setting up Install Process Resolving Dependencies --> Running transaction check ---> Package nikto.noarch 1:2.1.4-2.fc15 will be installed --> Processing Dependency: perl(LW2) for package: 1:nikto-2.1.4-2.fc15.noarch --> Running transaction check ---> Package perl-libwhisker2.noarch 0:2.5-3.fc15 will be installed --> Finished Dependency Resolution
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Unixmen .