sudo: must be setuid root
when i try to use sudo to lunch aan application , i get this issue : sudo: must be setuid root
[pirat9@Fedora15 Documents]$ sudo yum install nikto Output sudo: must be setuid root
How to solve this ?
Open terminal and enter as root
su - root
chmod 4755 /usr/bin/sudo
Now you will able to able to sue sudo or gksu correctly
[pirat9@Fedora15 Documents]$ sudo yum install nikto [sudo] password for pirat9: Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit Setting up Install Process Resolving Dependencies --> Running transaction check ---> Package nikto.noarch 1:2.1.4-2.fc15 will be installed --> Processing Dependency: perl(LW2) for package: 1:nikto-2.1.4-2.fc15.noarch --> Running transaction check ---> Package perl-libwhisker2.noarch 0:2.5-3.fc15 will be installed --> Finished Dependency Resolution
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
Donate to Unixmen
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
- Linux Basics: Zypper Usage On openSUSE
- GNOME’s 3.12 supports Google Cloud Print
- How to enable 32-bit support for 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10 or greater
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Unixmen .