Stencyl, Design Once Play Anywhere
Do you want to be a game developer? Do you dream to reach a big audience in the game development industry? How about making some money? Then follow your passion, go for it! But, where to start? What programming language do I need?
To tell the truth, you don’t need any programming language, you can now publish to all the major platforms without writing a line of code. How is this possible? Ok, have you ever hear about Stencyl? No? Don’t worry, this article aims to inform you guys about this game creation software. Stencyl is a gorgeous game creation software that take care of the essentials like physics and native APIs so you can focus on what’s important. This game creation software allows you to publish everywhere, it officially supports iOS, Android*, Flash, Windows, Linux and Mac.
Make Money With Games
How do you make money from your game? The best way to make money from your game is to publish it on the game market, on the App Store or Google Play store, but if you aren’t well known in the gamers community it will be very hard to sell at the beginning, so you should consider seeking a sponsor to purchase the rights to your game and market it for you or release your game for free and embed ads.
Now, how about the installation of the Stencyl software ? Follow the instructions shown below. The following commands were tested on Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit edtion. I am not sure about the other distro’s.
Open up the terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs appmenu-gtk:i386 ## Don't need to install this on 32 bit distro's sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre
Download Stencyl from website. Extract it with command:
cd path/to/stencyl tar xzf Stencyl-x.y.z.tar.gz
And finally run in it using command:
What are you waiting for guys? Go to Stencyl Getting started guide found here and start developing a game.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .