Steam Games begin including Linux requirements
Linux users continued desire for pure Linux version of Steam, is now met with the official beta version of Steam for Linux. There is definite indication that the native Linux client for Steam games is rapidly moving towards release as most of the Steam games are now including Linux system requirements. To add to the excitement, NVIDIA too has moved on the fast track to bring out its Linux NVIDIA drivers like the GeForce R310.
With most of Steam’s first-party titles being included, and another set of Linux-based titles, most likely in the region of 5 games likely to be added to Steam’s long-list of games, analysts are expecting a two year period to scale all of Steam catalogue of games for Linux.
Steam’s Beta version is now accessed by over 5,000 users indicating that the likely completion of ‘Big Picture’ mode. Last week, Valve’s Frank Crockett suggested that all Linux gamers who had earlier applied for the Beta version use should take a relook at their mail-box as more and more redemption codes are being posted. This expansion would lead to 21,542 users over and above the 5000 members who have been inducted last month.
Growth in numbers also translates into more work in progress as several new sub-forums have been added for the inductee users to test and report- Valve Game Bugs, Non-Valve game bugs; bugs with respect to particular graphics cards and more.
The final indication that Steam for Linux is well on the last lap of development is best highlighted because of the listings for Serious Sam 3: BFE now has a Linux System Requirements and has lost its free to use under testing status. Once, the listing of requirements is announced, it implies that the games will now have to be purchased for playing. Of course, the data from saved games will remain the same and will not be altered.
Here is a bit of festive season news for Linux gamers-
New Linux Gaming laptop for $1, 5999
Linux PC gaming veterans would readily agree that post the bankruptcy in 2001, of the best Linux porting services by Loki, gamers have had to only contend with a ‘sandwich’ interface such as Wine to bring newer titles for Linux-based PCs. Now, an independent PC maker, System 76 has announced the launch of an exclusive $14999 gaming laptop called the Bonobo Extreme. It will run on Ubuntu, over anVidia GeForce GTX 670MX, 3GB memory and will have a display screen size of 17.3 inches. For the festive season, the makers are offering a $100 off on the price tag.
Linux games are now receiving the right attention world-wide and the indie game developers now have a great opportunity to contribute to the best in class of gaming- Steam.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .