Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Skype in Ubuntu maverick
edit the source list
deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free
Now you need to update your source list using the following command
now install Slype with apt-get install skype
pirat9@Unixmen_com:~$ sudo apt-get install skype
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
libmng1 libqt4-dbus libqt4-network libqt4-xml libqtcore4 libqtgui4
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libmng1 libqt4-dbus libqt4-network libqt4-xml libqtcore4 libqtgui4 skype
0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 351 not upgraded.
Need to get 27.2MB of archives.
After this operation, 49.9MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
after the install open applications>iinternet>Skype.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .