Skype 2.2 beta for Linux comes with Skype Access and improved audio/video quality
Skepe2.2 Beta for Linux is released!, this new release codenamed ‘Access Granted `comes with “Skype access“ and Support for call waiting and holding as major new features, this release also improved audio/video quality in calls, Added start/stop Screen sharing button to contact card, fixed PulseAudio issues with the latest versions for Ubuntu user, for kde users, no more graphic issues when using the default Oxygen style… and more.
The new features and improvements:
Skype Access is a nifty addition to Skype which lets you connect to paid WiFi hotspots around the globe easily and to pay for them with Skype credits. No need to hassle with credit cards or subscriptions – and you pay by minute, so you will pay for the time you actually use the service and you don’t need to buy a voucher for a full hour in case you just want to make a 5 minute Skype call or send a few emails.
Support for call waiting and holding
Skype for Linux now supports call waiting and holding. It’s especially good if you are hosting a conference calls and people are calling in. In addition we have also included a support for easy conference call hosting.
Improved audio/video quality on calls
We have updated the underlying libraries to the newest version available, which should enhance audio and video call quality and reliability.
More information about this beta release can be found in the release note.
Useful links : http://blogs.skype.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers, In this tutorial I will teach you how to install a nice and modern text editor...0 comments |
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu : Guake is a drop-down terminal for GNOME and any other desktop. It aims to provide a quick-access ter...0 comments |
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu : If you are looking for a nice download manager that speeds up your download speed and integrates wel...0 comments |
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu : QMPlay2 Build 13.12.15 has been officially released with many new features and improvement of minor ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu
- Check System Information With Hardinfo
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization
- How To Fix “google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1″ error
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea?
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released!
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .