Skype 2.2 beta for Linux comes with Skype Access and improved audio/video quality
Skepe2.2 Beta for Linux is released!, this new release codenamed ‘Access Granted `comes with “Skype access“ and Support for call waiting and holding as major new features, this release also improved audio/video quality in calls, Added start/stop Screen sharing button to contact card, fixed PulseAudio issues with the latest versions for Ubuntu user, for kde users, no more graphic issues when using the default Oxygen style… and more.
The new features and improvements:
Skype Access is a nifty addition to Skype which lets you connect to paid WiFi hotspots around the globe easily and to pay for them with Skype credits. No need to hassle with credit cards or subscriptions – and you pay by minute, so you will pay for the time you actually use the service and you don’t need to buy a voucher for a full hour in case you just want to make a 5 minute Skype call or send a few emails.
Support for call waiting and holding
Skype for Linux now supports call waiting and holding. It’s especially good if you are hosting a conference calls and people are calling in. In addition we have also included a support for easy conference call hosting.
Improved audio/video quality on calls
We have updated the underlying libraries to the newest version available, which should enhance audio and video call quality and reliability.
More information about this beta release can be found in the release note.
Useful links : http://blogs.skype.com/
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .