Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Sintel | Friday Game
Sintel game is a video game adaption of the Blender’s Foundation 3rd open film named Sintel. The movie is about the young huntress Sintel and a dragon she called Scales. If you haven’t watched the short film yet, why don’t you do it now?
The aim of the game is to offer an epic story that will take place in the same settings that the movie does. Through careful planning and immense detail, developers aspire to the creation of a game that will offer intense action and emotional connection. It is very early to evaluate Sintel as a game yet, as there are a ton of things that are still to be done and the game is still in alpha state. It is very interesting to take a look at it right now though.
To run Sintel, you’ll need to have Blender installed in your system. Download the game and unzip it, and then open the sintel_win.blend file with Blender and then press the “p” button for the game to start.
I have to admit that the game was more unfinished that I expected. There were some dialog-instructions on the first map, but I didn’t find a way moving that box on the ship. Moreover, the game made blender crash twice while testing, and in general the gameplay wasn’t exactly smooth. You can fight with some snail-like bitters who come at you, using your stick to hit them and that is all about it for the time being really. This doesn’t mean anything bad about the game of course. It is just too early to be very enjoyable that’s all!
The reason I am featuring Sintel as this Friday game is because I believe it deserves a little of your weekend free time, to check it out and see the power and abilities of Blender once again. Also, the game is in heavy development and it needs both testing feedback and contributions, so playing the game is the essential first step you’ll have to take.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .