Sintel | Friday Game
Sintel game is a video game adaption of the Blender’s Foundation 3rd open film named Sintel. The movie is about the young huntress Sintel and a dragon she called Scales. If you haven’t watched the short film yet, why don’t you do it now?
The aim of the game is to offer an epic story that will take place in the same settings that the movie does. Through careful planning and immense detail, developers aspire to the creation of a game that will offer intense action and emotional connection. It is very early to evaluate Sintel as a game yet, as there are a ton of things that are still to be done and the game is still in alpha state. It is very interesting to take a look at it right now though.
To run Sintel, you’ll need to have Blender installed in your system. Download the game and unzip it, and then open the sintel_win.blend file with Blender and then press the “p” button for the game to start.
I have to admit that the game was more unfinished that I expected. There were some dialog-instructions on the first map, but I didn’t find a way moving that box on the ship. Moreover, the game made blender crash twice while testing, and in general the gameplay wasn’t exactly smooth. You can fight with some snail-like bitters who come at you, using your stick to hit them and that is all about it for the time being really. This doesn’t mean anything bad about the game of course. It is just too early to be very enjoyable that’s all!
The reason I am featuring Sintel as this Friday game is because I believe it deserves a little of your weekend free time, to check it out and see the power and abilities of Blender once again. Also, the game is in heavy development and it needs both testing feedback and contributions, so playing the game is the essential first step you’ll have to take.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .