Sintel | Friday Game
Sintel game is a video game adaption of the Blender’s Foundation 3rd open film named Sintel. The movie is about the young huntress Sintel and a dragon she called Scales. If you haven’t watched the short film yet, why don’t you do it now?
The aim of the game is to offer an epic story that will take place in the same settings that the movie does. Through careful planning and immense detail, developers aspire to the creation of a game that will offer intense action and emotional connection. It is very early to evaluate Sintel as a game yet, as there are a ton of things that are still to be done and the game is still in alpha state. It is very interesting to take a look at it right now though.
To run Sintel, you’ll need to have Blender installed in your system. Download the game and unzip it, and then open the sintel_win.blend file with Blender and then press the “p” button for the game to start.
I have to admit that the game was more unfinished that I expected. There were some dialog-instructions on the first map, but I didn’t find a way moving that box on the ship. Moreover, the game made blender crash twice while testing, and in general the gameplay wasn’t exactly smooth. You can fight with some snail-like bitters who come at you, using your stick to hit them and that is all about it for the time being really. This doesn’t mean anything bad about the game of course. It is just too early to be very enjoyable that’s all!
The reason I am featuring Sintel as this Friday game is because I believe it deserves a little of your weekend free time, to check it out and see the power and abilities of Blender once again. Also, the game is in heavy development and it needs both testing feedback and contributions, so playing the game is the essential first step you’ll have to take.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .