Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Shutter 0.86.4 is out! New features & New plugins
Shutter 0.86.4 is released, this new version comes with many new features and new plugins, now you can capture all workspaces as one image, automaticaly add a border, Launch DrawingTool directly after capture, and more.
Capture all workspaces as one image
If you ever wanted to capture your whole desktop – including all workspaces – this feature is for you.
After clicking on the menu entry above Shutter will automatically cycle through all of your workspaces, capture every single one and composes them into one large image (preserving the original layout).
Automatically add a border
Sometimes it is useful to add a border to screenshots, e.g. to separate the white portion of the screenshot and the white background of a document.
This functionality is now built-in. Got to Shutter’s preferences to activate it:
This is how a screenshot with auto-border looks like:
The hard shadow-plugin is now configurable and allows you to change the direction and the color of the shadow:
Autocrop is a completely new plugin. It uses ImageMagick’s convert -trim option to remove empty borders from a screenshot. Grabbing a picture out of a PDF is a good use-case.
Here is an example:
Advanced Selection Tool: New shortcuts
On a large display it is sometimes tricky to get start points and end points perfect. Due to that it is now possible to use the keyboard (cursor keys) for grain movement. To start the selection you can now simply hold down Ctrl-Key. Otherwise it could be possible to move the mouse cursor when attempting to left click once the starting point has been positioned exactly with the keyboard.
Launch DrawingTool directly after capture
You can now configure Shutter to use launch the DrawingTool (Edit-Button) directly after taking a screenshot. You simply need to go to Shutter’s preferences and activate this option.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .