Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Shotwell 0.7 Released! Major feature- Adds F-Spot importing photo library
Shotwell 0.7.0 is released. This release includes a host of new features such importing from an F-Spot photo library, Rating photos from 1-5 stars , Missing Files page , Last Import page , sidebar icons and more.
If you diden`t hear about Shotwell before, it is a digital photo organizer that runs on Linux. It is the default photo manager in Fedora 13, also will be default in the upcoming Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.
Whats new in this release?
- Migration support for F-Spot users: Shotwell can import photos directly from your F-Spot library, preserving tags and ratings.
- Photos can be rated on a 1-5 star scale or marked as rejected. A filter button supports viewing only photos of a specified rating or better.
- A new Last Import page in the sidebar gives you instant access to your most recently imported photo roll.
- Sidebar functionality and appearance have been improved with new icons and inline renaming.
- Numerous bug fixes and translation updates.
Installation in Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.10
- Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install shotwell
Useful links: http://www.yorba.org
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .