Shotwell 0.7.0 is released. This release includes a host of new features such importing from an F-Spot photo library, Rating photos from 1-5 stars , Missing Files page , Last Import page , sidebar icons and more.
If you diden`t hear about Shotwell before, it is a digital photo organizer that runs on Linux. It is the default photo manager in Fedora 13, also will be default in the upcoming Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.
Whats new in this release?
- Migration support for F-Spot users: Shotwell can import photos directly from your F-Spot library, preserving tags and ratings.
- Photos can be rated on a 1-5 star scale or marked as rejected. A filter button supports viewing only photos of a specified rating or better.
- A new Last Import page in the sidebar gives you instant access to your most recently imported photo roll.
- Sidebar functionality and appearance have been improved with new icons and inline renaming.
- Numerous bug fixes and translation updates.
Installation in Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.10
– Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install shotwell
Useful links: http://www.yorba.org