Shotwell 0.7 Released! Major feature- Adds F-Spot importing photo library
Shotwell 0.7.0 is released. This release includes a host of new features such importing from an F-Spot photo library, Rating photos from 1-5 stars , Missing Files page , Last Import page , sidebar icons and more.
If you diden`t hear about Shotwell before, it is a digital photo organizer that runs on Linux. It is the default photo manager in Fedora 13, also will be default in the upcoming Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.
Whats new in this release?
- Migration support for F-Spot users: Shotwell can import photos directly from your F-Spot library, preserving tags and ratings.
- Photos can be rated on a 1-5 star scale or marked as rejected. A filter button supports viewing only photos of a specified rating or better.
- A new Last Import page in the sidebar gives you instant access to your most recently imported photo roll.
- Sidebar functionality and appearance have been improved with new icons and inline renaming.
- Numerous bug fixes and translation updates.
Installation in Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.10
- Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install shotwell
Useful links: http://www.yorba.org
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .