Samba 4.0.12 Has Been Released
Samba is a a free software licensed under the GNU General Public License which is used to enable interaction between Microsoft Windows and other systems (like Unix, Linux etc.) Samba offers security, stability and file services for all Linux and windows clients such as DOS, Windows, OS/2. Samba is a very popular tool for performing file transfers. This multiplatform tool is written in C , C++ , Python and its name Samba comes from SMB (Server Message Block).
Samba Unix was initially released in December 1991 and January 1992 by Andrew Tridgell, a PhD student at the Australian National University at that time. Samba did not have a proper name, and Tridgell just called it “a Unix file server for Dos Pathworks”. You can read the full Samba history in our article.
This latest release of Samba application includes many important fixes for a couple of bugs. The “RW Deny for a specific user is not overriding RW Allow for a group” bug has been fixed. This corrected bug is considered a major enhancement in Samba 4.0.12. Also, the cache_traverse_validate_fn failure for NDR cache entries has been fixed.
What are some changes in this release of Samba since 4.0.11 version?
- BUG 10247: xattr: Fix listing EAs on *BSD for non-root users
- BUG 10195: nsswitch: Fix short writes in winbind_write_sock
- BUG 9905: ldap_server: Register name and pid at startup
- BUG 10193: s4:dsdb/rootdse: report ‘dnsHostName’ instead of ‘dNSHostName’
- BUG 10232: libcli/smb: fix smb2cli_ioctl*() against Windows 2008
- BUG 10132: pam_winbindd: Add support for the KEYRING ccache type
- BUG 10194: winbind: Offline logon cache not updating for cross child
domain group membership
- BUG 10269: util: Remove 32bit macros breaking strict aliasing
Get the latest Samba here.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .