Salix OS 13.1.2 "KDE" is released! Screenshots Tour
Salix KDE edition is released. This is the very first official release of Salix KDE. this release includes the elegant KDE 4.4.3 accompanied by a very rich collection of KDE centric software, all in the size of a CD-ROM sized image. The Konqueror web browser, KMail and Ktorrent are the main networking applications included in this release, followed by Akregator, an RSS reader for KDE, Kopete, the KDE instant messenger and more. Wicd is used for setting up your wired or wireless networking connections.
In the multimedia section, Salix KDE edition features Kaffeine, a gstreamer based media player, Clementine, a powerful yet very fast music player and music library organizer that is inspired by Amarok 1.4 and of course K3b, the best optical disc burning application for Linux systems. The Salix codecs installer application can be used as in any other Salix edition, to quickly and easily install patent encumbered codecs to your system.
A wide variety of office applications are included thanks to Koffice, the standard KDE office suite. KWord, KSpread and KPresenter are the main office applications present while there are many more included that will satisfy the needs for almost any task, like KOrganizer, KAddressBook and the Okular document viewer.
In the graphics section, Krita, a powerful image editor and Karbon, a scalable graphics editor are included, together with Gwenview, a feature-rich image viewer. Many more smaller tools like KColorChooser, a colour picker and KSnapshot, a screenshot capturing application supplement the graphics applications selection.
Find more information about this release in the release announcement.
Salix OS is a Slackware-based Linux distribution that is simple, fast, easy to use and compatible with Slackware Linux. Optimised for desktop use, Salix OS features one application per task, custom package repositories, advanced package management with dependency support, localised system administration tools and innovative artwork.
Download Salix KDE Edition:
Here are some screenshots from this release:
Useful Links: http://www.salixos.org
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Gets New Lock Screen : Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as we can see now, is getting more beautiful and interesting as it approaches few...2 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr" : Hey Guys, Below are the 11 community wallpapers chosen for Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr". ...0 comments |
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" Default Wallpaper Revealed! : DOWNLOAD HIGHER RESOLUTION DEFAULT WALLPAPER Hey Guys, The above images shows the official default...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- Fix Google Chrome Dependencies When Installing via .RPM Package
- Install DNS Server On Ubuntu Server 13.10
- How To Change Hostname In Fedora 20, 19
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Gets New Lock Screen
- Counter Strike Global Offensive Confirmed For Linux
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .