Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
rkhunter Linux security checker
Rootkit scanner is scanning tool to ensure you for about 99.9%* you’re clean of nasty tools. This tool scans for rootkits, backdoors and local exploits by running tests like:
– MD5 hash compare
– Look for default files used by rootkits
– Wrong file permissions for binaries
– Look for suspected strings in LKM and KLD modules
– Look for hidden files
– Optional scan within plaintext and binary files
The futures of the last version 1.3.4
Added IntoXonia-NG rootkit check.
Added Phalanx2 rootkit check.
Added support for TCB shadow files.
The ‘–propupd’ option can now take an optional file, directory or package name after it.
Revised file properties inode check.
Tests against the SSH configuration file now accept the key/value pair.
Improved the O/S name detection.
The Linux ‘os_specific’ test has now been split into two separate tests.
Improved ALLOWPROCDELFILE configuration option.
Improved hidden files and directories check.
The DBDIR directory can now be read-only, after installation.
Improved debug file option.
The system startup file and directory tests have now been merged.
Download , extract
Install using the command ( see also screenshot bellow)
[root@test1 rkhunter-1.3.4]# ./installer.sh --layout oldschool --install
Start the scan
[root@test1 rkhunter-1.3.4]# rkhunter -c
All results have been written to the logfile (/var/log/rkhunter.log)
One or more warnings have been found while checking the system.
Please check the log file (/var/log/rkhunter.log)
Finally your can add rkhunter to your cronjobs that can send daily rapport to your email
(/usr/local/bin/rkhunter -c --cronjob 2>&1 | mail -s "todayRkhunter Scan Report"Your_email@example.com)
chmod +x /etc/cron.daily/rkhunter.sh
For any question please report its in the Forum
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .