RightClickMenu alternative Mockup for Ubuntu
Right click menu on icons – in nautilus – becomes longer and longer. In example, for a folder, there are more than 20 entries. It could be difficult – especially for new users who are not accustomed with shortcuts – to realize simple actions like delete or copy a file/folder. In order to enhance interaction with icons, a right click alternative could be implemented.
How it works ?
First, when an element (folder or file) is selected, small icons appear all around it. These icons will help to execute very quickly some actions like copy/cut/paste, delete, sync, send to, etc (these actions are examples and could be personalized). Available actions could be different between a folder and a file and even change with MIME type of files (e.g. Open with…). Right click should not disappear but it should be use for advanced uses only.
These icons could be considered as graphical shortcuts. Actions will be execute very quickly because it do not need a long right click menu and main moves could be easily memorized.
This system could be very useful for touch-screen because it is possible to interact with icons without using right click which is not available with multitouch.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .