Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
restore Grub 2 after reinstalling Windows XP/Vista/Win7
Question: How to restore Grub 2 after reinstalling Windows XP/Vista/Win7 ?
Answer: There is two ways to restore the grub2 on MBR after reinstalling windows
Use the following commands:
grub>root (hdx,y) (previous command will output the x,y)
After the boot command,you’ll go into grub2 menu. Select to boot up ubuntu, and run this command to restore grub.
sudo grub-install /dev/sda
You need to have an Ubuntu LiveCD, Start with LiveCD
under root, check your Linux partition
example output for Linux partition7
/dev/sda7 7300 7919 8880278+ 83 Linux
Where is your root directory mounted? Is it /mnt? That’s not where you mounted it just now…
It’s possible to do grub2/burg recovery & configuration using a live cd by installing Grub Customizer at the live system. All the file systems you need will be automatically mounted after choosing the root partition and some sub partitions on the “live cd setup assistant” (a dialog which pops up, when you start Grub Customizer inside a live system).*
You can install Grub customizer using the following PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .