Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala and ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
You installed Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala or Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and you tried to listen the music online or play music cd but you got nosound ????
Answer : Here are some of solutions that can help you resolve this issue. Please follow the steps bellow :
Before to start check first Your sound just might be muted. See alsamixer
Go to System –>Preferences–>Sound and check outputvolume if muted or not, if not muted then go further with the steps bellow , if was muted ( In my case when i installed karmic koala) then is resolved just you have to unchek mute.
First, make sure that slmodemd is not running. with this command
if the package installed remove with :
sudo apt-get remove sl-modem-daemon
restart your computer then go to System>Administration> Softwaresources>
In the Updates tab active “Unsupported Updates (karmic-backports), The reason from this is to install ALSA modules backports.
- Now for ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala:
sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic
- For Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-lucid-generic
After you installed the backport module above for karmic or Lucid add the PPA of Ubuntu Development Team Audio and update to download and install their version of ALSA and PulseAudio packages.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Now reboot and enjoy. for any question please post it in The forum
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .