Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala and ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
You installed Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala or Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and you tried to listen the music online or play music cd but you got nosound ????
Answer : Here are some of solutions that can help you resolve this issue. Please follow the steps bellow :
Before to start check first Your sound just might be muted. See alsamixer
Go to System –>Preferences–>Sound and check outputvolume if muted or not, if not muted then go further with the steps bellow , if was muted ( In my case when i installed karmic koala) then is resolved just you have to unchek mute.
First, make sure that slmodemd is not running. with this command
if the package installed remove with :
sudo apt-get remove sl-modem-daemon
restart your computer then go to System>Administration> Softwaresources>
In the Updates tab active “Unsupported Updates (karmic-backports), The reason from this is to install ALSA modules backports.
- Now for ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala:
sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic
- For Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-lucid-generic
After you installed the backport module above for karmic or Lucid add the PPA of Ubuntu Development Team Audio and update to download and install their version of ALSA and PulseAudio packages.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Now reboot and enjoy. for any question please post it in The forum
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .