Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala and ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
You installed Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala or Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and you tried to listen the music online or play music cd but you got nosound ????
Answer : Here are some of solutions that can help you resolve this issue. Please follow the steps bellow :
Before to start check first Your sound just might be muted. See alsamixer
Go to System –>Preferences–>Sound and check outputvolume if muted or not, if not muted then go further with the steps bellow , if was muted ( In my case when i installed karmic koala) then is resolved just you have to unchek mute.
First, make sure that slmodemd is not running. with this command
if the package installed remove with :
sudo apt-get remove sl-modem-daemon
restart your computer then go to System>Administration> Softwaresources>
In the Updates tab active “Unsupported Updates (karmic-backports), The reason from this is to install ALSA modules backports.
- Now for ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala:
sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic
- For Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-lucid-generic
After you installed the backport module above for karmic or Lucid add the PPA of Ubuntu Development Team Audio and update to download and install their version of ALSA and PulseAudio packages.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Now reboot and enjoy. for any question please post it in The forum
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Resolve libudev0 Issue When Installing Google Chrome in Ubuntu 13.04 : When installing chrome in Ubuntu 13.04, I got the following error: Google Chrome can not ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .