Remote access, share desktop and transfer files with TeamViewer
TeamViewer is excellent software for allowing the control of your computer from remote places, sharing the desktop and transferring the files between the computers or compatible devices all through the internet. TeamViewer is available not only for computer operating systems like Windows, Mac and Linux, but also for mobile operating systems like Android and iOS.
Let us say you have software related problem in your computer and you are not able to solve it, all you have to do is just install TeamViewer and run it. When you start the software you get a code, give this code to the person located at the remote place having TeamViewer installed. Once this person puts the code he/she can get full control over your computer. He will be able to operate your computer just like you are operating it. You can see all the operations being performed by this person. This expert from remote place can find out the problem with the software and also solve it. Once the problem is solved you can stop the remote access and continue as usual. The remote person cannot access your desktop unless you give the code or password.
In a similar way you can take full control of the remote compute and operate it as if you are sitting in front of it. It is essential that TeamViewer should be installed in both the computers, the one which is to be remotely controlled and the one that will control it. Since the software is now available for mobile devices also, one can control office or residence computer right from the mobile.
Highlights of TeamViewer
TeamViewer is a small software, easy to download and easy to use. For the non-corporate purposes it is available free of cost. Let us see some important features of TeamViewer software:
1) Remote control support: TeamViewer enables you to control any computer from any place via internet just by installing a small application. The software can also be used with your Firewall running ensuring complete security. One can operate the far off computers as if they were located just in front of the person. One can also get access to unattended computers and servers. TeamViewer also has integrated feature for transferring the files and folders between the computers.
2) For online meeting, training and presentation: The versatile TeamViewer software offers excellent facilities for collaborating on the documents online, make presentations of the documents or products on internet, give sales or other talks, provide online training and do much more. There is messaging feature in the software that allows communication between a numbers of computers connected via TeamViewer. For collaboration between multiple people, TeamViewer applications should be installed and run on all the computers.
3) Remote Access of the Computers: TeamViewer enables you to remote control you residential computer even while travelling from your computer or mobile. You can easily maintain and update the servers of your clients beyond your working time hours. It is also possible to access machines running TeamViewer though the web browser.
It is amazing to see the functions and features offered by such small software as TeamViewer that too for free. It is not only useful for the serious business and troubleshooting, but also for entertainment.
Teamviewer is available for Red Hat, Fedora, Mandriva (32/64-Bit), Suse, Debian /Ubuntu and LinuxMint, for other linux distributions, you can download and install the source package.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .