Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto change the Default program on ubuntu
Sometimes for whatever reason, the default program that opens when we double click a file is not the one we want, in this case most of us will want to change the default program to another one. This article will show you how to change the default program in ubuntu.
First install the program you want to make it default (Me i took the example of changing the default mp3 player in my ubuntu from Totem to Banshee, for that I installed first Banshee media player to make it as default mp3 player )
Now to change the default program, right click the file (My case mp3 file), select Properties, and chose the Open With tab.
(Example : When i open an mp3 file , it open by default by Totem media player.)
Now i want to make Banshee as my default mp3 player, to do that ,i right clicked on the file, and i selected Properties
Now i choosed the Open With tab, then clicked on one of the radio buttons to chose one of the programs that Ubuntu recognizes as a valid program to view/manipulate the file ( In my case Banshee Media Player)
Note :If the program is not there, click the Add button, and chose from another, longer list of programs. If it’s still not there, or you want it to be opened with special flags, try Use a custom command option to type in the command to the program. Then click Add.
Now close the properties box, and double click the file. It should now open with your program of choice. Please note that if you make the program, say Banshee, open .mp3 files, it will not automatically open .wav files.
Usefull links : https://help.ubuntu.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .