Protect Your Online Privacy With PrivacyFix
PrivacyFix is yet another Google Chrome add-on from AVG that indicates you how your online activity is being tracked and help you to fill up the security holes of your online activities. It works inside your browser which means no personal data is sent or shared. Also it indicates which settings need attention and fix the issues with just one click.
This extension can automatically check your privacy settings across various social websites such as Facebook, Linkedin and Google and then displays the results and explains the settings needs to be tweak to tighten up your privacy.
- You can make Facebook as private as you you want it to be.
- Revoke data permissions from stale apps in Facbook.
- You can control how you appear in the search results
- You can stop being tracked by facebook.
- You can review key settings from Linkedin.
- You can find if people can see when you see their profile in Linkedin.
- You can decide whether Google keeps your search history or not.
- You can see what your searches are worth to Google.
- In general websites, you can see which sites may be sharing your Email.
- You can get privacy and security warnings when you visit a website.
- You can find if you are tracking by somebody and stop them right now with just one click.
Install PrivacyFix On Google Chrome
Go to PrivacyFix website from your Chrome browser and click on the link Get PrivacyFix for Chrome.
When you installed PrivacyFix add-on, a new tab will open automatically and tells you which settings needs attention and explains them how to fix. All settings are self explanatory, read them and lock down your privacy from online trackers.
Also it will show how the companies make money by tracking of your online activities and you can easily stop them with just one click. It doesn’t show exactly all the privacy settings in your Social networks, but it will fix some important critical ones.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .