Praisenter: The Bible Made Easy
Praisenter is a free, cross-platform, open source application written in Java that can be used to display the Holy Bible verses, songs, and custom slides with image, video, audio, translucency and transition support to any external display such as Projector, Monitor or Television in Churches or in any Christian events.
While Praisenter is offering large set of features, it doesn’t meant that it will replace the whole bible usage. It only provides verses of Holy Bible with the help of the Unbound Bible. So we don’t have to manually take verses or copy/paste them into a word/power point documents. Not only verses, the same goes for Songs and as well as notifications.
Praisenter supports many translations. If you’re searching for a translation other than Praisenter default, you can get them here. Please make sure that you’re not using any copyrighted translations. If you violate the copyrights, the consequences are up to you. Either we or Praisenter will not be responsible for any copyright violation .
To use Praisenter, a minimum of the following is required:
- Linux (32/64 bit), Microsoft Windows (32/64 bit), Mac OS X (64 bit only).
- Java 7 or higher.
- 512 MB RAM, 1 GB RAM is recommended.
- Any multi-core CPU should be just fine.
- 2 or more video output ports.
Install Praisenter On Ubuntu / Linux Mint
First download the latest version of Praisenter from the official download page depending upon the platform you’re using. Make sure that you have installed Java 7 or higher in your system.
$ wget http://www.praisenter.org/release/production/latest/Praisenter.zip
Extract it using command:
$ unzip Praisenter.zip
Once you extracted, run it using command:
$ sudo java -jar Praisenter.jar
Please be mindful that Praisenter does not come with a default Bible installed. You will be asked to import the Bible when Praisenter starts the first time. You can download Bibles from The Unbound Bible. Be sure to read the bible copyright information carefully before use.
Now its time to use. As i mentioned earlier, you must have two or more displays like external Monitor or Projector etc. Once you select the verses or song or Notification text, hit Send button which is shown in the middle of the application. Now the output will be displayed on the external.
Hence i don’t have any external display, i couldn’t include the output screenshot. But i hope that you may get the output if you have additional display.
That’s it. Stay blessed!
Disclaimer: Neither I nor Unixmen team is not intended to propagate Christianity religion via Unixmen website. This is only for your reference.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .