The PosteRazor cuts a raster image into pieces which can afterwards be printed out and assembled to a poster. Postrazor free to use and is availabale for Linux, Mac OS and Windows
See the video to see how does it works :
- All popular, both free and proprietary, image formats are supported.
- Supports Monochrome, Grayscale, 4 Bit palette, 8 Bit palette, 24 Bit RGB, 48 Bit RGB (only via TIFF and PNG), 32 Bit CMYK (only via TIFF).
- The page size and orientation of the printer where the poster will be printed can be set manually or selected one from any of the predefined formats (DIN A4, DIN A3, Legal, Letter, Tabloid).
- The size limit for one page is 5 meters (16.4 feet), which is the maximum that PDF allows.
- The final size of the poster is theoretically unlimited, but the clarity of the poster will depend upon the resolution and size of the input image.
Install on Ubuntu/Debian :
sudo apt-get install posterazor
For other Linux distributions :
Feel freedom, use opensource softwares