Plonegov Italy officially launched
Plonegov Italy officially launched
The Italian chapter of Plonegov, an international project to develop open source e-government applications using the Plone open source content management system, was launched officially today at a conference in Sorrento, in southern Italy.
The chapter was formally started on Friday morning by Cesare Brizio of Zeapartners, a network of companies involved in Plone and its applications server Zope. The launch of the chapter comes less than a year after it was announced for the first time in Northern Italy’s Ferrara.
The difference is that ‘PloneGov Italia’ will be managed by the members of the user group instead of being an initiative of companies providing Plone-based IT solutions. The change is expected to increase the number of public administrations that adopt Plone, the initiative explained in the conference announcement.
PloveGov Italia today starts with fourteen members, including the municipality of Modena, the Region Emilia Romagna and the Province of Ferrara. The members hope to increase the re-use of designs and modules developed by public administrations. Activities will focus mostly on technology and less on projects.
A similar Plonegov user group of more than 75 French and Belgian public administrations, CommunesPlone, has proven to be very successful. The public bodies are cooperating on the development of modules for Intranet/Extranet web sites, council management tools, online administrative documents requests, modules enabling identification using electronic identity card and tools for managing fines.
Another user group, Udalplone, focuses on public administrations in the Basque region in Spain and France.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .