Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Plonegov Italy officially launched
Plonegov Italy officially launched
The Italian chapter of Plonegov, an international project to develop open source e-government applications using the Plone open source content management system, was launched officially today at a conference in Sorrento, in southern Italy.
The chapter was formally started on Friday morning by Cesare Brizio of Zeapartners, a network of companies involved in Plone and its applications server Zope. The launch of the chapter comes less than a year after it was announced for the first time in Northern Italy’s Ferrara.
The difference is that ‘PloneGov Italia’ will be managed by the members of the user group instead of being an initiative of companies providing Plone-based IT solutions. The change is expected to increase the number of public administrations that adopt Plone, the initiative explained in the conference announcement.
PloveGov Italia today starts with fourteen members, including the municipality of Modena, the Region Emilia Romagna and the Province of Ferrara. The members hope to increase the re-use of designs and modules developed by public administrations. Activities will focus mostly on technology and less on projects.
A similar Plonegov user group of more than 75 French and Belgian public administrations, CommunesPlone, has proven to be very successful. The public bodies are cooperating on the development of modules for Intranet/Extranet web sites, council management tools, online administrative documents requests, modules enabling identification using electronic identity card and tools for managing fines.
Another user group, Udalplone, focuses on public administrations in the Basque region in Spain and France.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .