Plonegov Italy officially launched
Plonegov Italy officially launched
The Italian chapter of Plonegov, an international project to develop open source e-government applications using the Plone open source content management system, was launched officially today at a conference in Sorrento, in southern Italy.
The chapter was formally started on Friday morning by Cesare Brizio of Zeapartners, a network of companies involved in Plone and its applications server Zope. The launch of the chapter comes less than a year after it was announced for the first time in Northern Italy’s Ferrara.
The difference is that ‘PloneGov Italia’ will be managed by the members of the user group instead of being an initiative of companies providing Plone-based IT solutions. The change is expected to increase the number of public administrations that adopt Plone, the initiative explained in the conference announcement.
PloveGov Italia today starts with fourteen members, including the municipality of Modena, the Region Emilia Romagna and the Province of Ferrara. The members hope to increase the re-use of designs and modules developed by public administrations. Activities will focus mostly on technology and less on projects.
A similar Plonegov user group of more than 75 French and Belgian public administrations, CommunesPlone, has proven to be very successful. The public bodies are cooperating on the development of modules for Intranet/Extranet web sites, council management tools, online administrative documents requests, modules enabling identification using electronic identity card and tools for managing fines.
Another user group, Udalplone, focuses on public administrations in the Basque region in Spain and France.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .