PlayOnLinux 4.0 is available ! 64-bit versions of wine are actually supported
PlayOnLinux 4.0 has been released! This new release comes with some new features and fixed many bugs.
Here are the main features of this release :
– The programs configuring tool is much more efficient, and with more settings
– The installation manual has been very simplified
– The IRC chat is back, less troublesome for those who don’t want to use it
– Performance of debugging tools have been ameliored
– PlayOnLinux can open directly Executables
– 64-bit versions of wine are actually supported
– The code is much cleaner
“PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem”.
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint you can install Playonlinux by entring the following commands:
wget -q "http://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg" -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_natty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install playonlinux
- For Fedora
-For other Linux distribution please visit the download page and choose you distro.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
- Linux Basics: Zypper Usage On openSUSE
- GNOME’s 3.12 supports Google Cloud Print
- How to enable 32-bit support for 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10 or greater
- How To Change Plank Dock Position in Elementary OS “Luna”
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .