PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available- It is Highly recommended to upgrade to this new version
PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available, this version is a bug fix and is hightly recommended to upgrade to this new version, otherwise you will not be able to use playonlinux.
This is the announcement :
” PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available!
You could say skipping a version is becoming a habit… unfortunately the reason behind this is rather sad than funny.
Following the accidental introduction of bug #58 (fr) in version 3.8.3, version 3.8.4′s release made it impossible to launch PoL 3.8.3.
As a result, within a few hours we made the new 3.8.5 to fix the issue that is now present in both 3.8.3 and 3.8.4.
This means that if you were using versions 3.8.3 or 3.8.4, you must now update to version 3.8.5 immediately, otherwise you will not be able to use PlayOnLinux.
Besides fixing this (major) bug, we made another change, to a function used by scripts to create shortcuts. Its arguments had been inverted compared to PlayOnMac, which made compatibility between PlayOnMac and PlayOnLinux rather difficult.”
If you diden`t hear about playonlinux before :
“PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem”.
Installation in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu, Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_lucid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install playonlinux
Or install it via the .deb file:
PlayOnLinux: PlayOnLinux_3.8.5 .deb
For othere Linux distributions,please visit the download page.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Resolve slow connexion when using wifi in ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander , 13.04 and LinuxMint13 : Updated-14/10/2013: If after installing or upgrading to ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander. if you not...0 comments |
- How to Format USB Drive in the Terminal : We all at some point in time we all format our USB drives. The question I would like to ask is how d...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .