PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available- It is Highly recommended to upgrade to this new version
PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available, this version is a bug fix and is hightly recommended to upgrade to this new version, otherwise you will not be able to use playonlinux.
This is the announcement :
” PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available!
You could say skipping a version is becoming a habit… unfortunately the reason behind this is rather sad than funny.
Following the accidental introduction of bug #58 (fr) in version 3.8.3, version 3.8.4′s release made it impossible to launch PoL 3.8.3.
As a result, within a few hours we made the new 3.8.5 to fix the issue that is now present in both 3.8.3 and 3.8.4.
This means that if you were using versions 3.8.3 or 3.8.4, you must now update to version 3.8.5 immediately, otherwise you will not be able to use PlayOnLinux.
Besides fixing this (major) bug, we made another change, to a function used by scripts to create shortcuts. Its arguments had been inverted compared to PlayOnMac, which made compatibility between PlayOnMac and PlayOnLinux rather difficult.”
If you diden`t hear about playonlinux before :
“PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem”.
Installation in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu, Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_lucid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install playonlinux
Or install it via the .deb file:
PlayOnLinux: PlayOnLinux_3.8.5 .deb
For othere Linux distributions,please visit the download page.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .