PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available- It is Highly recommended to upgrade to this new version
PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available, this version is a bug fix and is hightly recommended to upgrade to this new version, otherwise you will not be able to use playonlinux.
This is the announcement :
” PlayOnLinux 3.8.5 is available!
You could say skipping a version is becoming a habit… unfortunately the reason behind this is rather sad than funny.
Following the accidental introduction of bug #58 (fr) in version 3.8.3, version 3.8.4′s release made it impossible to launch PoL 3.8.3.
As a result, within a few hours we made the new 3.8.5 to fix the issue that is now present in both 3.8.3 and 3.8.4.
This means that if you were using versions 3.8.3 or 3.8.4, you must now update to version 3.8.5 immediately, otherwise you will not be able to use PlayOnLinux.
Besides fixing this (major) bug, we made another change, to a function used by scripts to create shortcuts. Its arguments had been inverted compared to PlayOnMac, which made compatibility between PlayOnMac and PlayOnLinux rather difficult.”
If you diden`t hear about playonlinux before :
“PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem”.
Installation in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu, Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_lucid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install playonlinux
Or install it via the .deb file:
PlayOnLinux: PlayOnLinux_3.8.5 .deb
For othere Linux distributions,please visit the download page.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .