PlayOnLInux 3.8 is now available ! This new version comes with a lot of new features and fixed many bugs, some plugins are now integrated in this software, adding a lot of features like for example: Capture – a new feature that allow you to record your games while playing, Other new features are wine import, Cedega import, Offline wine and more.
If you diden`t hear about playonlinux before :
“PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem”.
This version comes with a lot of New features:
- Capture will allow you to record your games ( To start/stop recording, use SHIFT+F8 while playing, capture will automatically be stored in POL_Capture folder in your home directory.)
- Wine Import will allow you to add Wine apps into PlayOnLinux, and uses our features for it
- Cedega Import will let you import your Cedega games
- Wine Look will help you to change the color of your Wine application to fit better with your desktop
- Advanced Wine Configuration will give you access to a lot of tweaks for Wine
- Offline PlayOnLinux will allow you to run PlayOnLinux without internet access, by running locally a server script
Installation in Ubuntu:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_lucid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install playonlinux
You can also download the .deb file : PlayOnLinux3.8.Deb
For other Linux distribution please visit the download page.
The new feature Capture :