Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Play games installed on other computers with StreamMyGame
StreamMyGame Server enables PC games to be played remotely by converting the game’s video and audio into a Game Stream and sending it over a home network to a second computer where you can view and play the game with the free StreamMyGame Player. The second computer can be a PC, laptop, PS3 or Linux device. The game can be played on the second computer without any lag
The StreamMyGame Player is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Linux with resolutions up to Super HDTV 3200 x 2400. Compatible Linux installations include Ubuntu and Yellow Dog Linux, recommended by Sony for the PS3.
How it works (as described on StreamMygame website) :
Members share their games by listing them on our website. This creates a Game Stream hypertext link. They use our website to allow other members to access this Game Stream link. By selecting this link a secure, authenticated connection with encryption is established between the member who has the game and the member who wants to play it. Our website starts the game and uses Streamer to intercept the games video and audio. Streamer converts the video and audio to a Game Stream.
The Game Stream can be recorded to a file, broadcast, transmitted over the home network and will soon be able to be sent over the internet and played on the remote computer. The encrypted keyboard commands from the remote computer are captured and transmitted back over the network and used to play the game.
This bi-directional stream of video, audio and encrypted control data is called a Game Stream.
There is a detailled how to on the website on how to install StreamMyGame on ubuntu/fedora , you have just to download the .deb or .rpm package and install is as usual (More instructions are on the website).
If the .deb / .rpm installation file or you want to install StreamMyGame on other linux distribution then you have just to download .sh script file (Steps to install .sh on their website) .
Note that download of StreamMyGame files require registration
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .