PiTiVi 0.13.4 video editor is released
PiTiVi 0.13.4 codename “Cabernet d’Anjou” is released, the new release comes with many new features like video mixing/transparency support , icon view in source list , smoother scrolling, modeless splitting and more.
Image credit pitivi.org
What`s New ?
- video mixing/transparency support
- icon view in source list
- smoother scrolling
- modeless splitting
- seek on click
- faster waveforms
- zoom slider
- UI beautifications
- Speed optimisations
- dbus/hal dependency now optional
- translated in 30 languages
- In Karmic Koala:
-Because pitivi is supported by the GStreamer Multimedia Framework you need to add gstreamer developers ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gstreamer-developers/ppa
-Update the repositories and upgrade gstreamer
sudo apt-get update
- Now upgrade gstreamer and install pitivi
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get install build-dep pitivi
- For other linux distributions:
- Fedora, redhat,opensuse you can download the .rpm package form this link
Or download the tar file and configure it.
Download the tar file and install it via the commands :
1- Extract the file :
tar -xvf pitivi-0.13.4.tar.gz
2- Cd the extracted folder ( In my case cd /home/unixmen/Downloads/pitivi-0.13.4):
3- Now configure
./Configure && make
4- And optionally, to install it system-wide
sudo make install
Usefull links: http://www.pitivi.org/
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .