Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Pidgin 2.10 Relased . PPA Ubuntu mint
Pidgin 2.10 has been released lastweek , this release is comming with many changes and bug fixes, Pidgin is reasy to work with comaptible chat protocols : AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. with pidin you can start multiple chat networks simultaneously.
The most chnages are
- Make the max size of incoming smileys a pref instead of hardcoding it. (Quentin Brandon) (#5231)
- Added a plugin information dialog to show information for plugins that aren’t otherwise visible in the plugins dialog.
- Fix building with GTK+ earlier than 2.14.0 (GTK+ 2.10 is still the minimum supported) (#14261)
- Fix a potential crash in the Log Reader plugin when reading QIP logs.
- Fix a large number of strcpy() and strcat() invocations to use strlcpy() and strlcat(), etc., forestalling an entire class of string buffer overrun bugs. (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Dan Auerbach, Chris Palmer, Jacob Appelbaum)
- Change some filename manipulations in filectl.c to use MAXPATHLEN instead of arbitrary length constants. (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Dan Auerbach, Chris Palmer, Jacob Appelbaum)
- Fix endianness-related crash in NTLM authentication (Jon Goldberg)
To see more , please check the changelog.
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unixmen-com/pidgin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pidgin
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .