Pidgin 2.10 Relased . PPA Ubuntu mint
Pidgin 2.10 has been released lastweek , this release is comming with many changes and bug fixes, Pidgin is reasy to work with comaptible chat protocols : AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. with pidin you can start multiple chat networks simultaneously.
The most chnages are
- Make the max size of incoming smileys a pref instead of hardcoding it. (Quentin Brandon) (#5231)
- Added a plugin information dialog to show information for plugins that aren’t otherwise visible in the plugins dialog.
- Fix building with GTK+ earlier than 2.14.0 (GTK+ 2.10 is still the minimum supported) (#14261)
- Fix a potential crash in the Log Reader plugin when reading QIP logs.
- Fix a large number of strcpy() and strcat() invocations to use strlcpy() and strlcat(), etc., forestalling an entire class of string buffer overrun bugs. (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Dan Auerbach, Chris Palmer, Jacob Appelbaum)
- Change some filename manipulations in filectl.c to use MAXPATHLEN instead of arbitrary length constants. (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Dan Auerbach, Chris Palmer, Jacob Appelbaum)
- Fix endianness-related crash in NTLM authentication (Jon Goldberg)
To see more , please check the changelog.
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unixmen-com/pidgin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pidgin
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .