Pessulus- A lockdown editor for Gnome to limit users functionality access | Ubuntu
Pessulus is a lockdown editor that allows administrators to easily disable certain features of the GNOME desktop, it lets you create a profile that limits a user to a set of application that a system administrator allows. With Pesulus for example, you can disable access to printer, command line, cd rom…
For Ubuntu you can install Pessulus from Ubuntu software center
Or via command line for Ubuntu/Debian/LinuxMint :
sudo apt-get install pessulus
- For Fedora :
yum install pessulus
You can access to lockdown fromSystem –> Administration–>Lockdown editor
As you can see in the screenshot bellow, Pessulus provides four main groups for locking specific sets of applications — Main, Panel, Epiphany Web browser, and GNOME screensaver. Each group allows an administrator to limit a specific set of software or functions.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .