Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Peppermint Ice Re-Spin is Now Available
Peppermint Ice 20110302 is released. This version offers a fully updated system as of March 2nd, 2011 and it comes with some bug fixes and new features: like in Peppermint One, we have removed the hardware abstraction layer from this release in order to obtain better performance; the LFFL repository has been added to the default sources list in order to offer more current versions of more applications; some region specific SSBs, such as Hulu and Pandora, have been removed from the default installation, but can easily be added back by using the Ice application.
“Peppermint OS Ice is a lightweight, user-friendly linux distribution with built-in cloud technologies. It is ideal for notebooks and old computers. The default desktop environment for Peppermint is LXDE, Chromium is the default web browser, cloud applications like Editor by Pixlr [Image Editor], Facebook, Hulu, Last.FM, Pandora, Seesmic Web, The Cloud Player, YouTube, eBuddy, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Mail, Google Reader come also by default.”
- i386 or derivative processor (AMD64 and x86_64 are fine as well)
- 192 MB of RAM
- 4 GB hard drive space (this is an overestimate just for good measure)
Peppermint OS Ice screenshots Tour
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .