Peppermint Ice Re-Spin is Now Available
Peppermint Ice 20110302 is released. This version offers a fully updated system as of March 2nd, 2011 and it comes with some bug fixes and new features: like in Peppermint One, we have removed the hardware abstraction layer from this release in order to obtain better performance; the LFFL repository has been added to the default sources list in order to offer more current versions of more applications; some region specific SSBs, such as Hulu and Pandora, have been removed from the default installation, but can easily be added back by using the Ice application.
“Peppermint OS Ice is a lightweight, user-friendly linux distribution with built-in cloud technologies. It is ideal for notebooks and old computers. The default desktop environment for Peppermint is LXDE, Chromium is the default web browser, cloud applications like Editor by Pixlr [Image Editor], Facebook, Hulu, Last.FM, Pandora, Seesmic Web, The Cloud Player, YouTube, eBuddy, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Mail, Google Reader come also by default.”
- i386 or derivative processor (AMD64 and x86_64 are fine as well)
- 192 MB of RAM
- 4 GB hard drive space (this is an overestimate just for good measure)
Peppermint OS Ice screenshots Tour
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .