PengPod 1040: Quad Core Linux-Android Dual Booting Tablets
What is PengPod 1040? Pengpod 1040 is the latest Pengpod tablet which can dual boot GNU/Linux and Android, all from internal memory. This tablet comes with an ARM Cortex-A7 (Quad-Core) processor, 2 GB of RAM and Linaro 13.04 / Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating systems. There is a white version and a silver one.
6GB of Flash, SD Slot, Wifi, Bluetooth, 7 Ah battery and more. The cool thing about this device is that you don’t need SD cards to dual boot. Everything happens in the internal memory.
You can choose to boot Android or Linaro, but the system will boot by default into Android which has Google certification and access to the play store, maps and other typical Android apps you might expect. What does Linaro Linux offer? I can say it offers everything you need to do your job. Linaro linux for this tablet offers LibreOffice, GIMP, Apache, MySQL and other linux desktop applications. Can this device boot other linux distros? Yes it can. PengPod 1040 can actually boot:
- Ubuntu Touch
This tablet comes with USB Micro Cable, USB OTG Micro-Full Size female, adapter and english manual. You also get a supporter T-shirt and Bluetooth Accessory pack which includes Capacitive Stylus, Bluetooth Keyboard/Case, Bluetooth mouse.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .