Pear OS 8 Beta 3 Is Available To Test
Tavares David (the creator of Pear OS) announced yesterday the new Pear OS 8 release candidate which is the last beta before the final version. Pear OS 8 Beta 3 is now available for test. It comes with a new feature and many updates. What is this new feature? What about the updated packages?
Packages–applications and software of all kinds–are being updated in this Pear OS 8 Beta 3. “Many of these packages came from an automatic sync from Debian‘s unstable branch; others have been explicitly pulled in for 13.04 Raring Ringtail”, writes David Tavares on his blog. Pear OS 8 Beta 3 comes with the kernel 3.8.0-31 and there are also several bug fixes. Icons theme for Pear OS 8 are updated and many bugs are fixed in My Pear 6, Pear Security, Pear Contacts etc.
A very important thing to mention is the fact that the Pear Updater bug has been fixed and there will be no more issues while updating the Pear Os. You can read the full list of Updated software down below.
- My Pear 6 : bug fix
- Pear Security : bug fix
- Pear Contacts : bug fix
- Pear Cloud : Add link to create a Pear ID bug fix
- Pear Updater : bug fix
- Pear Icons theme : Updated icons theme for Pear OS 8
Pear OS 8 Beta 3 comes in two versions, 32 bit version and the 64 bit one. You can download your favourite iso for testing here:
32 bit version : pearos8-beta3-32.iso
64 bit version : pearos8-beta3-64.iso
Enjoy the test and do not forget to report the bugs you encounter while playing with this linux distribution.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .