Pear OS 8 Beta 2 Available For Testing
David Tavares, the creator of Pear OS and Mac user for about 10 years has announced the release of Pear OS 8.0 Beta 2, a desktop distribution with a Mac OS X-like look and feel and based on a recent alpha build of Ubuntu 12.04. The creator of Pear OS is also interested in Linux world and has been using and testing Linux for seven years now. One beautiful day decided to modify Ubuntu to its own needs and created Pear OS.
Pear OS 8 Beta 2 comes in two versions, 32 bit version and the 64 bit one. Pear OS 8 includes the kernel 3.8.0-30, many updated packages and several bug fixes. “Many of these packages came from an automatic sync from Debian‘s unstable branch; others have been explicitly pulled in for 13.04 Raring Ringtail”, writes David Tavares on his blog.
The Pear Updater comes with a new icon in this Beta Release of Pear OS and the Pear Cloud application has now a new feature, setting for Pear Contact. Now you can personalize bubble notification colour in My Pear 6 and enjoy updated icons theme for Pear OS 8. For a full list of software updates read the paragraph shown below.
My Pear 6: Add setting for personalize bubble notification color & bug fix
Pear Security: Change base language for English & bug fix
Pear Contacts: Add setting for Pear Cloud & bug fix
Pear Cloud: Add setting for Pear Contact & bug fix
Pear Updater: New icon & bug fix
Pear Icons theme: Updated icons theme for Pear OS 8
Pear OS 8 includes the kernel 3.8.0-30.
As i mentioned before this Beta 2 Release of Pear OS has several bug fixes. The update notification error has been fixed and now you can play dvd without any problem, the DVD’s not playing bug has been fixed.
Bug Fixes On Pear OS 8 Beta 2
Pear Cloud share folder
Pear Security SRM
Pear Security Rootkit
My Theater fault
DVD’s not playing
Error opening Pear Contact
Pear Updater daemon error
Pear update gives a notification error
Multiple popus for update
What are you waiting? Go and test this Beta 2 release of Pear OS 8 and tell us about your testing activity. Did you experience any bug?
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .