Pear OS 8 Beta 2 Available For Testing
David Tavares, the creator of Pear OS and Mac user for about 10 years has announced the release of Pear OS 8.0 Beta 2, a desktop distribution with a Mac OS X-like look and feel and based on a recent alpha build of Ubuntu 12.04. The creator of Pear OS is also interested in Linux world and has been using and testing Linux for seven years now. One beautiful day decided to modify Ubuntu to its own needs and created Pear OS.
Pear OS 8 Beta 2 comes in two versions, 32 bit version and the 64 bit one. Pear OS 8 includes the kernel 3.8.0-30, many updated packages and several bug fixes. “Many of these packages came from an automatic sync from Debian‘s unstable branch; others have been explicitly pulled in for 13.04 Raring Ringtail”, writes David Tavares on his blog.
The Pear Updater comes with a new icon in this Beta Release of Pear OS and the Pear Cloud application has now a new feature, setting for Pear Contact. Now you can personalize bubble notification colour in My Pear 6 and enjoy updated icons theme for Pear OS 8. For a full list of software updates read the paragraph shown below.
My Pear 6: Add setting for personalize bubble notification color & bug fix
Pear Security: Change base language for English & bug fix
Pear Contacts: Add setting for Pear Cloud & bug fix
Pear Cloud: Add setting for Pear Contact & bug fix
Pear Updater: New icon & bug fix
Pear Icons theme: Updated icons theme for Pear OS 8
Pear OS 8 includes the kernel 3.8.0-30.
As i mentioned before this Beta 2 Release of Pear OS has several bug fixes. The update notification error has been fixed and now you can play dvd without any problem, the DVD’s not playing bug has been fixed.
Bug Fixes On Pear OS 8 Beta 2
Pear Cloud share folder
Pear Security SRM
Pear Security Rootkit
My Theater fault
DVD’s not playing
Error opening Pear Contact
Pear Updater daemon error
Pear update gives a notification error
Multiple popus for update
What are you waiting? Go and test this Beta 2 release of Pear OS 8 and tell us about your testing activity. Did you experience any bug?
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .