Parted Magic 4.9 is released- Screenshots included
Parted Magic 4.9 is released, Major updates of of this release , new three programs has been added : mhdd, elinks and zsync, All old IDE drivers were removed from the kernel. There are not going to be any more hd* devices. All hard disk devices will be sd* and CDROM/DVD drives will be sr*. This doesn’t mean IDE is no longer supported, it’s means that libATA is used to handle IDE devices instead of the legacy IDE kernel drivers. All old fonts were removed, Droid fonts are used now. Work has started on a GTK interface for fsarchiver written by us.
“The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful programs (e.g. Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc…) and an excellent set of documentation to benefit the user. An extensive collection of file system tools are also included, as Parted Magic supports the following: ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.
Parted Magic requires at least a i586 processor and 256MB of RAM to operate or 128MB in “Live” mode.”
Features of parted Magic
-Format internal and external hard drives.
-Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
-Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup.
-Test hard drives for impending failure.
-Test memory for bad sectors.
-Benchmark your computer for a performace rating.
-Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
-Gives access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
-Runs from the CD, no install requi
Here are some screenshots of the new release 4.9
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .