Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Parted Magic 4.9 is released- Screenshots included
Parted Magic 4.9 is released, Major updates of of this release , new three programs has been added : mhdd, elinks and zsync, All old IDE drivers were removed from the kernel. There are not going to be any more hd* devices. All hard disk devices will be sd* and CDROM/DVD drives will be sr*. This doesn’t mean IDE is no longer supported, it’s means that libATA is used to handle IDE devices instead of the legacy IDE kernel drivers. All old fonts were removed, Droid fonts are used now. Work has started on a GTK interface for fsarchiver written by us.
“The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful programs (e.g. Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc…) and an excellent set of documentation to benefit the user. An extensive collection of file system tools are also included, as Parted Magic supports the following: ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.
Parted Magic requires at least a i586 processor and 256MB of RAM to operate or 128MB in “Live” mode.”
Features of parted Magic
-Format internal and external hard drives.
-Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
-Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup.
-Test hard drives for impending failure.
-Test memory for bad sectors.
-Benchmark your computer for a performace rating.
-Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
-Gives access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
-Runs from the CD, no install requi
Here are some screenshots of the new release 4.9
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Resolve libudev0 Issue When Installing Google Chrome in Ubuntu 13.04 : When installing chrome in Ubuntu 13.04, I got the following error: Google Chrome can not ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .