Pardus 2011.2 has been released! A must try Linux OS
Pardus Linux 2011.2 is now available. In this update release, the NetworkManager have been updated to 0.8.5.91, problems about adding VPN connections have been fixed, handle WLAN security passwords gracefully while upgrading distribution; ModemManager is updated to 0.5, improvements for Samsung modems, support access technology reporting for Qualcomm Gobi modems, fix communication with Nokia N900 devices; CUPS is updated to 1.4.8; LibreOffice is updated to 3.4.3, fixed crash closing document with footnotes; MPlayer – fixed crash playing subtitled videos which was triggered by FreeType 2.4.6 security update.
“Pardus is a Linux based, free software licensed national operating system developed by TUBITAK/UEKAE. Pardus comes with just one CD, containing all the drivers and internet tools, office set, multimedia players, editors, games and many other applications aiming at meeting all the desktop needs of a informatics-literate computer user; is easily installed and even easier to use.
Pardus has a full support for Turkish, can be installed in 12 different languages and can run in more than 60 languages. Pardus is used by hundreds of thousand of users around the globe, not to mention many public organizations, government entities, non-governmental organizations, universities, and private businesses.”
Pardus has a range of unique features, such as Mudur, a start-up framework of Pardus to speed up the boot process. PiSi, an efficient package management system with a user-friendly graphical interface, and Kaptan Desktop – an application aimed at helping you set up your Pardus environment.
PiSi package management
PiSi (Packages Installed Successfully as Intended, /ˈpiːsiː/) is the package management system of Pardus. It is the primary tool for installing, upgrading and removing software packages. PiSi stores and handles the dependencies for the various packages, libraries, and COMAR tasks. “Pisi” is a Turkish word meaning “kitty”, intended as a pun on the distribution’s name.
In Pardus, to install a package from terminal, you need to use pisi install command :
pisi install Package_name
To update the repository you type:
For more info about using pisi, open terminal and type
64 bit: Pardus-2011.2-x86_64.iso
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .