CentOS 5.5 is relased, this release as announced is based on the upstream release 5.5 and includes packages from all variants including Server and Client. All upstream repositories have been combined into one, to make it easier for end users … Continue reading
Canonical’s Scott James Remnant (Ubuntu’s Development Manager) has published a blog post entitled Btrfs by default in Maverick? In that post Scott describes, “We are going to be doing the work to have btrfs as an installation option, and we … Continue reading
PhotoFilmStrip is an opensource software that help you create movies out of your pictures in just 3 steps. First select your photos, customize the motion path and render the video. There are several output possibilities for VCD, SVCD, DVD up … Continue reading
XBMC is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. XBMC is available for Linux, OSX, Windows, and the original Xbox. While XBMC functions very well as a standard media player application … Continue reading
VirtualBox 3.1.8 was released early this week by Oracle, This is a maintenance release so many items were fixed and/or added ( Read the Changelog). You can install VirtualBox in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx by adding the non free repositories … Continue reading
In case you are using Mandriva, the once popular Linux distribution, you might be interested in knowing that the French company is now up for sale. According to Mandriva Linux Online, the firm is in deep financial trouble and getting … Continue reading
Here are two helpful tips for Nautilus, the first tip shows how to change the location Bar in Nautilus to the text mode, and the second one shows how to divide a nautilus screen in two parts.
Question : How to change the date.timezone value in PHP?
Zabbix is a network management system application created by Alexei Vladishev. It is designed to monitor and track the status of various network services, servers, and other network hardware. It uses MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite or Oracle to store data. Its … Continue reading
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .