https://help.ubuntu.com/community/QuickTips Older versions of Ubuntu (before 5.10 Breezy Badger) came with the Gnome foot on the Applications menu. If you want you can change it follow these instructions as well: Following these instructions, you can put any image you … Continue reading
According to a study by researchers at the University of Oviedo (Universidad de Oviedo) in Spain, the estimated total value of the2.6.30 Linux kernel, released in June of 2009, is more than €1 billion. Using the kernel development history from … Continue reading
The BBC have activated a protection mechanism on the Flash based streaming system used by iPlayer, stopping open source media players from legally playing BBC content. The protection mechanism, known as SWF Verification, sends a “ping” message to the player … Continue reading
On 9th February 2010, KDE Software Compilation 4.4.0 was released.Now If you are under fedora 12 kde and you want to upgrade to the new 4.4 version then follow the instructions described in this quick howto.
Banshee 1.5.4 is released. The new release comes with several new features and many fixes, including equalizer presets, Nokia N900 support, opt-in/anonymous usage-data collection, and support for the new Banshee Community Extensions sub-project.This last one it already contains 9 extensions, … Continue reading
This script is presented by Patrick Lapre. a member of Unixmen community #/usr/bin/env python Small intro: Copying files with a specific pattern from its origin to its final destination ;-) # import the following modules# re is needed for … Continue reading
Last Monday PC-BSD was released. PC BSD is based on FreeBSD and uses KDE as its default desktop environment. The 8.0 release of PC-BSD is based onFreeBSD Support for 3D acceleration with NVIDIA drivers on amd64 and improvements in the … Continue reading
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .