Pac – A Gnome replacement for SecureCRT/Putty
PAC is a Perl/GTK Gnome replacement for SecureCRT/Putty/etc… It provides a GUI to configure SSH/Telnet connections: users, passwords, EXPECT regular expressions, macros, etc.
- Unique Linux application to impletement almost every SecureCRT’s functionality.
- Remote and local macros.
- Remotely send commands with EXPECT regexp.
- Cluster connections!! Connections on same cluster share keystrokes!!
- Proxy support.
- Serial/tty connection via cu/tip/remote-tty connections!!
- RDP (via rdesktop) and VNC (via vncviewer) support!!
- Pre/post connections local executions.
- TABS OR WINDOWS for connections!!
- Quick acces to configured connections via tray menu icon.
- More to come (ASA I find time!)
- FREE (GNU GPLv3)
In Ubuntu, debian and LinuxMint:
Some dependencies are requered to install Pac Manager. For that add Getdeb repository by installing this file:
– Now update repositories
sudo apt-get update
– To install pac manager type :
sudo apt-get install pac
This will install an older version. in my case was pac-2.5.1
– Now to Install latest version of Pac Manager, Download pac manager and install pac-2.5.3-all.deb file ( Remember to add getdeb repository first or pac will not be installed)
sudo dpkg -i pac-2.5.3-all.deb