Openshot 1.2.2 is released! The best video editor for Linux
Openshot 1.2.2 is released! Again, Openshot proves that it is the best video editor for Linux, Now featuring 3D animation, an Improved Timeline, and tons of bug fixes and usability enhancements
What`s New in Openshot 1.2.2?
- Improved Stability
- 3D Animated Titles (powered by Blender 2.5)
- Custom Transitions
- New Audio & Video Effects
- Time-line Improvements / Animations
- Improved Effects User Interface
- Improved Theme Engine (New netbook friendly theme)
- Razor Improvements (now supports snapping to play-head)
- Improved Language Support (Rotate effect now works in all locales)
- New DVD Export (Create compliant DVD images)
- Improved Preferences Dialog
- Improved Exporting of different frame-rates
- Numerous Bug Fixes
Installation in Ubuntu 9.10, 10.10 and 10.10 Maverick Meerkat :
For this release, GTK 2.18 Required, this mean that you must have Ubuntu 9.10 or greater to run this version of OpenShot.
Open Terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonoomph/openshot-edge
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openshot openshot-doc
You can also download and install the debian using packages.