Operas Beta Dragonfly for WebDevelopers
For open source web developers, here is an advanced new kid on the bloc, the Dragonfly debugger, the beta of which was recently launched by Opera. Opera is one of the top three web browsers and is differently-abled from the regular browsers. However, Dragonfly is a first for Opera in more than one sense. They are offering it as an open source much to the delight of Opera admirers.
Incepted as open source
Dragonfly of Norwegian origins began in 2008 as a BSD license open source project. In May 2010 they’ve moved to BitBucket and operate under an Apache license for greater patent protection. What it offers developers is easy development as well as debugging (which is a full feature) tool which is twinned to the browser itself. This means you do not have to download or setup as it simply opens on all of Opera’s browsers as well as Opera Mobile and Opera Widgets, the Opera Presto suite products. It can connect remotely on non-PC devices enabling developers to debug sites that are operating on say the Opera Mobile.
What the Dragonfly does best
Where Dragonfly delivers is..
The Dragonfly asset is the network inspector that offers a window-view of all the resources the application handles/loads. The fact that works in favor of the dragonfly is its ability to track the order as well as the look of the loads. Another of the features on which the dragonfly is able to deliver is the storage inspector. It allows for detailed update as well as the testing for cookies. The HTML 5 Web storage API can easily be updated too.
Enabled for Widgets the Opera Dragonfly can choose colors and the screen magnifies to help out with the colors from the website. This is one of the best utilities that allow you to pick out colors from bitmap images for future use. These chosen colors can go onto the palette and worked on in whenever required.
Significance of Dragonfly on Open source
Having the dragonfly on open source is that it throws open to web developers a very powerful debugging tool that makes the hard and result-oriented code development one step easier, simpler and faster. It is almost like having your own spell-check, on a text editor, on auto mode. The dragonfly with its sophisticated but simple tools will help you identify the loose ends as you wade through hundreds of pages of codes. With the open source opportunity dragon fly is sure poised for greater capabilities. Given the sea of millions of focused minds developing innumerable codes, Opera’s beta dragonfly project will simply become a more powerful tool that will help someday develop something more powerful and capable than the Dragonfly.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .