Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Opera 12.10 Feature Round-up
Opera software shortly released Opera Browsers latest version Opera 12.10. The browser upgrade might not be densely feature packed but apart from handful of decent features upgrade, the best thing is that the new release offers something for everyone, may it be average user or a developer. The post rounds up all the latest features in the new browser, and our thoughts on them!
1- The Display
After upgrading to the new browser when I happened to open it, the UI tool me with a pleasant surprise! The new UI has nice vibrant display and colors thanks to newly added support of ICC profile v4; which means your display is sharper and images will appear brighter! Reportedly the Browser also adds support for high-DPI screens and Retina displays on the Mac; something I am sure Mac users have been waiting for. Notice the fine edges in the UI.
2- Emphasis on Extensions
The new browser brings great support for extensions to make your browsing efficient. Opera states in is press release “You want more relevant content, faster, and preferably without having to check a bunch of websites to get your news, email or other site content,” adds “That’s one reason why Opera launched extensions, small enhancements that extend the functionality of your browser, for its desktop browser two years ago and started deeply integrating them into the browser.” Opera states on it home page “And, in this version of Opera, we’ve put the pieces in place to make the extensions of the future even more powerful.” Opera highlighted extensions for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Readbility, StumbleUpon, TED, Google Calendar and Gmail.
The latest version of Opera now gets SPDY support which means now web pages load faster on SPDY-enabled sites. The speed differences were evidently when viewing SPDY enabled websites like Twitter, Gmail; and specially when posting the post via WordPress.
4- For Developers
Opera added several new APIs for developers to enhance the extensions and get most out of your extensions most notable of which is the increasingly popular WebSocket API other notable API include Resource Loader API, the Context Menu API (for extending the right-click menu). Opera has added support for ICC color profiles and color management. This update also includes Fullscreen API for video, games, and web browsing. New Opera has a better support for HTML 5 and web standards.
Value-added Goodies for Max & Win
- As for OS X the browser gets incredible more Mountain Lion integration. Opera can now connect with OS X’s Notification Center and take advantage of Mac’s built-in sharing functionality that can be quiet handy for Mac users.
- For Windows 8, Opera adds in Support for touch in opera for Windows 8 (and Windows 7). Though the touch features are pretty much limited to basic touch, inertia scrolling and pinch-zoom; users can still get most out of Windows 8 classic and opera running on desktop. This seems like Opera can quickly grab some Windows Surface audience who dislike the default Internet explorer.
Opera 12.10 launch directly follows the tablet from Microsoft, Surface RT. Therefore it is expected to be quiet a pick on the newly released tablet. Never the less, Opera is one of the browser which is equally popular in Open source community as well. Opera supports all major Linux distributions. RedHat, SuSE, Mandrake, Debian, etc. Intel, PowerPC and Sparc versions.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .