Opera 11.60 “Tunny” has been released, this is a recommended upgrade offering new and improved features, plus security and stability enhancements.
New and improved features
- Opera 11.60 uses “Tunny” as its code name.
- Opera 11.60 uses the Opera Presto 2.10 rendering engine (Presto/2.10.229).
The user interface for Opera Mail has been redesigned.
- Two-lined message list: Opera Mail will now default to “list on the left, message on the right”, with the newest message on top, and showing message threads.
- Mail grouping: Opera will automatically group messages by date. You can also group them by unread status, by pinned status, or not at all.
- Cleaned up look: The mail toolbars are simplified, and icons have been redesigned.
- New settings dialogs: The “View” dropdown menu with all its sub-menus has been replaced by an overlay dialog that can be reached by clicking the “wrench” button.
- Pinning: You can now “pin” messages with one click in the message list or in the message headers, to mark a message for attention. This pinning is mapped to the IMAP Flagged feature, so it corresponds to “starring” and “flagging” in other IMAP clients, and with Gmail’s starred messages.
- See: Mail goes two-lined and grouped
- The star menu in the address field allows you to quickly bookmark a page or to create a Speed Dial entry.
- Opera 11.60 incorporates web specifications added up to and including Opera Presto 2.10 core-integration-point 229. For further reference please see:
- Implemented the HTML5 parsing algorithm
- The HTML5 specification defines a set of parsing rules for all markup, whether valid or invalid. Once all browsers have HTML5 parsers, the same markup will produce the same DOM across all conforming browsers. Hence, the HTML5 parser will improve website compatibility.
- See: Parsing HTML documents
Find more about this release in the release note.