Opera 11.10, a treat for you!
Opera 11.10 (codename “Barracuda”) launches today! Two features that get major polish are: Speed Dail & Opera Turbo.
Speed Dail: Opera was the first one to introduce “Speed dail” to access one’s most frequently used websites in few clicks. This time, Opera has further improved this feature. Now whenever you open a new tab, you will find your Speed dail page! Now you can assign unlimited speed-dials
Opera Turbo: This feature is integrated to particulalry facilitate opera users that have a slow-internet-connection. Jan Standal, VP of Desktop Products, Opera Software states ”The Opera Turbo feature is crucial for anyone who travels or just has a slow Internet connection” . Smart and much faster browsing is made possible by reducing the size of the web-page. As the size of the web-page is reduces, consequently the webpage will load sooner. Jan adds ”By reducing the size of the page, we can make browsing so much faster. So whether you’re at a crowded Starbucks in San Francisco or are using a 3G modem in Sri Lanka, Opera Turbo can give you a better browsing experience.”
Other prominent features are:
Automatic Flash download: Now Opera will download Flash automatically and install it for you in the background when you visit a page that requires the plugin!
Under the Hood Improvements: The following improvements are added into the new browser:
- Support for CSS3′s multi-column layouts & gradients
- Support for WOFF (Web Open Font Format)
- Support for Google’s WebP image format
automatically and install it in the background when you visit a page that requires the plugin
Tab Stacking: This feature lets you to group your tabs. Simply drag one tab over the other to group it. This feature is very handy in keeping your browsing sessions neat and organized!
Mouse Gestures: Now one can perform common browsing action with mouse. To use this feature hold down the right mouse button on a webpage, and this will show you a visual guide that indicates how to perform available gestures.
Further, the new browser supports 50 languages. Seven new languages have been added to the latest version i.e. Afrikaans, Azerbaijani, Montenegrin, Malay, Tagalog, Thai and Uzbeck.
Improvements in Opera, make it the fastest broswer so far! Jan Standal claims ”Barracuda is our first release in the new year and shows off some of our freshest ideas to make your browsing easier!”. If you are an Opera lover, then the broswer has brought some great treat for you!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .