Opensuse 11.3 Milestone 3 is out and coming with many changes and bug fixes .
- A bug in Milestone 2 prevented mounting of encrypted home folders. This has been resolved.
- zypper can now interrupt PackageKit, via dbus, eliminating a major annoyance during updates and additional installs.
- A Milestone 1 issue with starting xorg on i915 hardware has finally been resolved.
- Pam mount has been updated to the current version, as the version used prior is “unsupported”. There are, apparently, some config file changes to be aware of.
Gnome/GTK desktop users:
- Qt has been removed from the Gnome Live CD, clearing room to potentially add some more apps. Sax2 was removed in the process, because it has been mostly deprecated by xorg’s much-improved auto detection.
- epdfview, a pdf viewer akin to evince but without any gnome-lib dependencies, is now included.
KDE desktop users:
- The network-manager applet has gotten a usability update, in the form of an updated icon set.
- Crash, the core dump analyzer, is now at version 5.0.1.
- Dozens of libraries have been incrementally updated along with the core update to 5.10.1.
- Kiwi no longer has mandatory dependencies on openSUSE-branded packages.
- Grub2 is now included, although there are currently no plans to use it by default.
Please follow to download and test this version :
Download (mirrors): openSUSE-KDE-LiveCD-Build0476-i686.iso (676MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-GNOME-LiveCD-Build0476-i686.iso (659MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-KDE-LiveCD-Build0476-x86_64.iso (691MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-GNOME-LiveCD-Build0476-x86_64.iso (659MB, MD5, torrent).
Source : opensuse.org