openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 3 is out!
Opensuse 11.3 Milestone 3 is out and coming with many changes and bug fixes .
- A bug in Milestone 2 prevented mounting of encrypted home folders. This has been resolved.
- zypper can now interrupt PackageKit, via dbus, eliminating a major annoyance during updates and additional installs.
- A Milestone 1 issue with starting xorg on i915 hardware has finally been resolved.
- Pam mount has been updated to the current version, as the version used prior is “unsupported”. There are, apparently, some config file changes to be aware of.
Gnome/GTK desktop users:
- Qt has been removed from the Gnome Live CD, clearing room to potentially add some more apps. Sax2 was removed in the process, because it has been mostly deprecated by xorg’s much-improved auto detection.
- epdfview, a pdf viewer akin to evince but without any gnome-lib dependencies, is now included.
KDE desktop users:
- The network-manager applet has gotten a usability update, in the form of an updated icon set.
- Crash, the core dump analyzer, is now at version 5.0.1.
- Dozens of libraries have been incrementally updated along with the core update to 5.10.1.
- Kiwi no longer has mandatory dependencies on openSUSE-branded packages.
- Grub2 is now included, although there are currently no plans to use it by default.
Please follow to download and test this version :
Download (mirrors): openSUSE-KDE-LiveCD-Build0476-i686.iso (676MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-GNOME-LiveCD-Build0476-i686.iso (659MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-KDE-LiveCD-Build0476-x86_64.iso (691MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-GNOME-LiveCD-Build0476-x86_64.iso (659MB, MD5, torrent).
Source : opensuse.org
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .