Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 3 is out!
Opensuse 11.3 Milestone 3 is out and coming with many changes and bug fixes .
- A bug in Milestone 2 prevented mounting of encrypted home folders. This has been resolved.
- zypper can now interrupt PackageKit, via dbus, eliminating a major annoyance during updates and additional installs.
- A Milestone 1 issue with starting xorg on i915 hardware has finally been resolved.
- Pam mount has been updated to the current version, as the version used prior is “unsupported”. There are, apparently, some config file changes to be aware of.
Gnome/GTK desktop users:
- Qt has been removed from the Gnome Live CD, clearing room to potentially add some more apps. Sax2 was removed in the process, because it has been mostly deprecated by xorg’s much-improved auto detection.
- epdfview, a pdf viewer akin to evince but without any gnome-lib dependencies, is now included.
KDE desktop users:
- The network-manager applet has gotten a usability update, in the form of an updated icon set.
- Crash, the core dump analyzer, is now at version 5.0.1.
- Dozens of libraries have been incrementally updated along with the core update to 5.10.1.
- Kiwi no longer has mandatory dependencies on openSUSE-branded packages.
- Grub2 is now included, although there are currently no plans to use it by default.
Please follow to download and test this version :
Download (mirrors): openSUSE-KDE-LiveCD-Build0476-i686.iso (676MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-GNOME-LiveCD-Build0476-i686.iso (659MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-KDE-LiveCD-Build0476-x86_64.iso (691MB, MD5, torrent), openSUSE-GNOME-LiveCD-Build0476-x86_64.iso (659MB, MD5, torrent).
Source : opensuse.org
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Resolve libudev0 Issue When Installing Google Chrome in Ubuntu 13.04 : When installing chrome in Ubuntu 13.04, I got the following error: Google Chrome can not ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .