OpenSSH 6.5 Has Been Released!
OpenSSH is set of tools that can be used to connect and manage the remote network computers using SSH protocol. Unlike other communication tools such as telnet, rcp, rlogin and ftp, OpenSSH provides a strong encrypted connectivity between network computers. OpenSSH encrypts all traffic (including passwords) to effectively eliminate eavesdropping, connection hijacking, and other attacks. Additionally, OpenSSH provides secure tunneling capabilities and several authentication methods, and supports all SSH protocol versions.
OpenSSH is developed and maintained by OpenBSD project, which is run its development only via donations. The OpenSSH includes the following tools.
- ssh, a replacement for rlogin, rsh and telnet.
- scp, a replacement for rcp.
- sftp, a replacement for ftp to copy files between computers.
- sshd, the SSH server daemon.
- ssh-keygen, a tool to inspect and generate the RSA, DSA and Elliptic Curve keys.
- ssh-agent and ssh-add, utilities to ease authentication by holding keys ready and avoid the need to enter passphrases every time they are used.
- ssh-keyscan, which scans a list of hosts and collects their public keys.
OpenSSH 6.5, a feature- focused version, has been released with many new features, bug fixes and security enhancements. You can find list of detailed new features and bug fixes in the Official announcement page. All OpenSSH users are recommended to upgrade to OpenSSH 6.5 as soon as possible.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .