The Openmandriva Lx 2013 has been released last week. Personally i found it is very beautiful and make me thinking of the old days of Mandriva (old Mandrake).
OpenMandriva Lx is an excellent free Desktop Operating System that aims to cater to and interest first time and advanced users alike. It has the breadth and depth of an advanced system but is designed to be simple and straightforward in use.
This release, OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 is dedicated to the memory of Ron (Ronald van Pomeren), aka Arvi Pingus. Ron was one of the first contributors to OpenMandriva, dedicated, professional – and just a very good person and friend to many of us. We miss him.
• A new Linux kernel (3.11.6) called NRJ has been implemented;
• KDE 4.11.2 has been implemented and a KDE 4.11 installation featuring ROSA’s SimpleWelcome launcher, a winner of the latest contest, is also provided;
• The graphics support has been improved with the implementation of the latest drivers;
• The latest ATI graphics cards are now supported;
• The Intel graphics cards are now supported with the latest kernel implemented, including newer 4th generation Intel graphics cards;
• The traditional Elementary theme has been kept;
• The SimpleWelcome launcher has been added;
• KMail is now the default email client, which has improved since the previous release.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Installation – Screen shots.
Please follow the steps bellow to install and make your OpenMandriva Desktop ready.