Openmandriva Lx 2013, The Beauty of Mandriva is Back
The Openmandriva Lx 2013 has been released last week. Personally i found it is very beautiful and make me thinking of the old days of Mandriva (old Mandrake).
OpenMandriva Lx is an excellent free Desktop Operating System that aims to cater to and interest first time and advanced users alike. It has the breadth and depth of an advanced system but is designed to be simple and straightforward in use.
This release, OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 is dedicated to the memory of Ron (Ronald van Pomeren), aka Arvi Pingus. Ron was one of the first contributors to OpenMandriva, dedicated, professional – and just a very good person and friend to many of us. We miss him.
• A new Linux kernel (3.11.6) called NRJ has been implemented;
• KDE 4.11.2 has been implemented and a KDE 4.11 installation featuring ROSA’s SimpleWelcome launcher, a winner of the latest contest, is also provided;
• The graphics support has been improved with the implementation of the latest drivers;
• The latest ATI graphics cards are now supported;
• The Intel graphics cards are now supported with the latest kernel implemented, including newer 4th generation Intel graphics cards;
• The traditional Elementary theme has been kept;
• The SimpleWelcome launcher has been added;
• KMail is now the default email client, which has improved since the previous release.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Installation – Screen shots.
Please follow the steps bellow to install and make your OpenMandriva Desktop ready.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .