Open source Dreamweaver alternatives
We did show you before how to install dreamweaver on Linux using wine , and as we believe that there are good open source alternative for this product , we will try to show you bellow some of the open source Dreamweaver alternatives for Linux.
1- Quanta Plus
For quick and effortless web development – Quanta Plus is steadily becoming a worthwhile competitor to the commercial web editors on the market. Quanta Plus’s features include multi-document interface, WYSIWYG editing and templates. Among the advanced features your will find team development, plug-in support and a PHP debugger. The objective of the team behind Quanta Plus is simply to developer the best tool for web development.
Download Quanta Plus
Eventhough Bluefish is not a WYSIWYG editor – it is still considered a strong tool, however, mainly for experienced web developers/designers. Has support for unicode – and provides wizards for – among other things – tables and frames. Another nice feature is the multi-thumbnail generation, which quickly and easily helps you build photo albums. Bluefish can also be used as a text editor for other languages such as: c, java, pascal, perl, python, sql – and many others.
Install for ubuntu :
sudo apt-get install bluefish
yum install bluefish
KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing. It is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding. Read more about KompoZer here
4- SCREEM :
SCREEM is a GNOME website / tag based html editor (ie not WYSIWYG) which aims not only to aid in creating web pages, but also to provide useful site maintainance facilities as well, including automatic link updating, and site upload facilities.
- Cut / Paste including from the GNOME web browser
- Page Previewing
- Page Templates
- Search / Replace
- Spell Checking
- Syntax Highlighting
- Tag Trees
- Inline Tagging – displaying a popup menu showing the valid atttributes while typing in a tag
- Intelliclose – autocompletes tags
- Link Fixing
- Broken Link Checking
- Publishing – incorporates Sitecopy to update a remote site
- Document Structure Display, select element blocks and see if you have closed elements correctly
- DTD/Doctype Parsing – the ability to determine which doctype a page uses, and process the Document Type Definition (DTD) file
- CVS support to aid development where there are multiple developers
- Task management
- Helper Applications
Install screem :
in Ubuntu8.10 -9.04
sudo apt-get install screem
In fedora /CentOS/RHEL
yum install screem
In Mandriva :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .