One-click Login with BrowserID by Mozilla for Identity Management
It is truly exciting to get an in depth experience and discover new projects.BrowserID though going beyond a project is poised to be the game changer in how you sign-into websites. Mozilla calls it the BrowserID and is a brand new way of signing up for website services.
Typically, users spend the at least 3 minutes per web site on registering, filling out questionnaires and essentially identifying themselves every time they want to use the services of a website. One there is repetition in what the users does at every website and second there are any numbers of passwords to remember. Of course, there are large identity management service providers, like Facebook, Twitter, Google but they come with a several limitations such as lock-in with service provider, security features and reliability.
Why Browser ID
Browser ID is an attempt to offer a one-click log in across websites on different technologies. Its verified email protocol offers an excellent user experience. Additional confirmation is shorter and will not require passwords specific to the website.
Browser ID is easy to use, secure and has a cross-browser. It is decentralized and is better with browsers of the future. Privacy of users is a consistent feature with Browser ID. The technical advantage it has for being an open source project is that the design allows it to be compatible with all web sites. Users need to complete the email address confirmation with Browser ID, which will be used as a standard whenever you sign into other websites.
OpenIDis a popular Identity manager but the major problem is that of vendor lock-in and implementation difficulties.
Where Browser ID will deliver is that it will not be seeking server information and hence security issues are greatly minimized.
How BrowserID does it
Mozilla calls it the Verified Email Protocol and essentially maintains a list of your Email IDs you place on BrowserID protocol and you verify by clicking on the link. Therefore, every time you choose to sign in using Browser ID, you can make your choice of the email ID you want to sign in.
No new token authentication is performed and directly email address becomes the login Identity. The verification of the address is done via the public-key cryptography.
Where Browser ID differs
Unlike other technologies, Browser ID uses email addresses for authentication and not just the combination of username-password as the sole access point. Taking the already captive personal identity email hosts possess and the inherent infrastructure for verification each user is assigned to each user. Since, information is not being shared with servers, user identity remains anonymous.
Supports new generation Browsers
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .