Oil Rush Tower Defense Real-Time Strategy Game Finally Arrives
Last week saw the release of the much-awaited Oil Rush game by Unigine Corp. It is a unique real-time basedTower defense game that is developed on the proprietary cross-platform Unigine engine technology. The game is based on an actual incident, Deepwater Horizon oil spill and runs a social message It is an absorbing and challenging game, in which fighters, in a post-apocalyptic world, fight fierce battles to control oil reserves that remain.
Oil Rush 1.01 was released for download on multiple platforms-Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X on Jan 25, 2012, which was almost a year later than its expected release. Despite the delay, Oil Rush, designed byVitaliy Sidorov and Stanislav Zagniy is expected to bust charts atDesura and also at Ubuntu Software Centre and Steam. It is available at Unigine Online Store for $19.95.
A Real-time Strategy Game with an Environmental Message
Commenting on the game’s theme, Unigine’s CEO Denis Shergin says, “Fuel devouring armies that fight over the last drops of oil and pollute already trashed world is nothing but doublethink. That is a warning environmental message we’d like to deliver in a single-player campaign.”
However, the games gains popularity largely because of the it s next-generation Unigine engine that makes all the difference from other Real Time strategy games.
Unigine engine though a company-owned technology has a powerful renderer that is supported on OpenGL4.0. Phoronix Test Suite usually posts tech demos on Unigine Engine tech for Linux platform.
Oil Rush -The Game
Oil Rush is a phenomenal game, essentially for its out-of-the-world graphics experience. With most of the game happening over water, the game retains an original RTS feel. The water effects, the high resolution, rich environment and the stunning lighting effects gives this game so good.
The changing weather conditions, variations in geographies and wonderful adaption of locations- from Arctic icebergs to Middle Eastern landscapes, makes Oil Rush give every player a real-time, almost Augmented Reality feel.
The entire game revolves around capturing the active oil fields and retaining control over them. These precious oil rigs are contained in various types of rigs across several units. You can gain resources from oil wells and pumps you capture. You can also gain points by capturing random shipwrecks, however, you will not be able to build defensive structures. Yet, you will gain on units and can hence build on your strategic positions to initiate attacks.
Then there is the technology pole from which you can gain points. For every, enemy destroyed, players can earn points, which they can use to acquire additional weapon technologies like a radar or a more fortifying armor.
Oil Rush will gain popularity because of the unique rendering of the traditional RTS game. It’s interesting use of a water-theme drives its distinctive feel and game play. The Unigine engine ensures, Oil Rush delivers on all aspects taking Linux gaming to the next levels.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .