NVIDIA 256.53 Stable Linux Driver is released!
Over the weekend there was a new Linux binary driver release from NVIDIA that was the 256.52 driver in a pre-release state. It didn’t deliver on OpenCL 1.1, Fermi Linux overclocking support, or any other radical features, but it did bring a handful of bug-fixes. Today this driver has been released as stable after being branded the NVIDIA 256.53 driver.
The NVIDIA 256.53 Linux driver release doesn’t really bring anything different from the 256.52 driver, so just read this article for details. The x86/x86_64 Linux driver download links are here. This is just an update for NVIDIA’s main Linux driver and not their legacy drivers for older hardware.
- Fixed a bug that prevented XvMC from initializing in most cases.
- Added support for xorg-server video driver ABI version 8, which will be included in the upcoming xorg-server-1.9 series of releases.
- Fixed a bug that caused extremely slow rendering of OpenGL applications on X screens other than screen 0 when using a compositing manager.
- Fixed a regression introduced after 256.35 that caused stability problems on GPUs such as GeForce GT 240.
- Fixed a slow kernel virtual address space leak observed whenstarting and stopping OpenGL, CUDA, or VDPAU applications.
- Fixed a bug that left the system susceptible to hangs when running two or more VDPAU applications simultaneously.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .