Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
NVIDIA 256.53 Stable Linux Driver is released!
Over the weekend there was a new Linux binary driver release from NVIDIA that was the 256.52 driver in a pre-release state. It didn’t deliver on OpenCL 1.1, Fermi Linux overclocking support, or any other radical features, but it did bring a handful of bug-fixes. Today this driver has been released as stable after being branded the NVIDIA 256.53 driver.
The NVIDIA 256.53 Linux driver release doesn’t really bring anything different from the 256.52 driver, so just read this article for details. The x86/x86_64 Linux driver download links are here. This is just an update for NVIDIA’s main Linux driver and not their legacy drivers for older hardware.
- Fixed a bug that prevented XvMC from initializing in most cases.
- Added support for xorg-server video driver ABI version 8, which will be included in the upcoming xorg-server-1.9 series of releases.
- Fixed a bug that caused extremely slow rendering of OpenGL applications on X screens other than screen 0 when using a compositing manager.
- Fixed a regression introduced after 256.35 that caused stability problems on GPUs such as GeForce GT 240.
- Fixed a slow kernel virtual address space leak observed whenstarting and stopping OpenGL, CUDA, or VDPAU applications.
- Fixed a bug that left the system susceptible to hangs when running two or more VDPAU applications simultaneously.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .