NVIDIA 256.53 Stable Linux Driver is released!
Over the weekend there was a new Linux binary driver release from NVIDIA that was the 256.52 driver in a pre-release state. It didn’t deliver on OpenCL 1.1, Fermi Linux overclocking support, or any other radical features, but it did bring a handful of bug-fixes. Today this driver has been released as stable after being branded the NVIDIA 256.53 driver.
The NVIDIA 256.53 Linux driver release doesn’t really bring anything different from the 256.52 driver, so just read this article for details. The x86/x86_64 Linux driver download links are here. This is just an update for NVIDIA’s main Linux driver and not their legacy drivers for older hardware.
- Fixed a bug that prevented XvMC from initializing in most cases.
- Added support for xorg-server video driver ABI version 8, which will be included in the upcoming xorg-server-1.9 series of releases.
- Fixed a bug that caused extremely slow rendering of OpenGL applications on X screens other than screen 0 when using a compositing manager.
- Fixed a regression introduced after 256.35 that caused stability problems on GPUs such as GeForce GT 240.
- Fixed a slow kernel virtual address space leak observed whenstarting and stopping OpenGL, CUDA, or VDPAU applications.
- Fixed a bug that left the system susceptible to hangs when running two or more VDPAU applications simultaneously.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...1 comment |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .