Now You Tube 3D arrive on WebM
You Tube continues to prove that it is the future of where the internet is going to be in the next few years by introducing the ultimate in internet media viewership. Meeting the demand from a growing number of 3D enthusiasts, You Tube introduced the 3D channel and today has close to a thousand and more 3D videos. Augmenting its
growth are several media enhancing channel partner including Nvidia a powerful proprietary 3D technology player. It offers 3D support for computer-based devices through their ever popular graphics processors, the latest of the lot being the GTX 560M chip. It enables high-quality 1080p 3D PC games, 3D Blu-ray movies, as well as 3D Clips streamlined from YouTube.
Nvdia in 1999, almost single handedly turned the entire 3D imagery for computers (it had redefined 2D graphics delivery for computer years before) with its GeForce 256, the first Graphics Processing Unit. And 3D and graphics we so enjoy has never had a bad day ever since.
Further enriching You Tube 3D experience is the killer combination of Nvidia and Mozilla enabling HTML5 player viewing using the WebM video codec. Additionally, Firefox 4 with Nvidia 3DVision support, support paraphernalia such as appropriate drivers and active shutter glasses such as the one in the supporting image are a necessity.
Again, these can be used in HDMI 1.4 to 3D televisions running on NVIDIA’s 3DTV Play Software. Again, Firefox 4 is the only browser able to support the hardware encoding and You Tube 3D for chrome is under development.
However, a few technical details need to be fine tuned for 3D viewing. This requires that 3D videos need ‘StereoMode’ flag to be set to WebM container for a value higher than zero or higher than mono value. Additionally, it supports side-by-side, top-bottom 3D synchronized either for left eye or for right eye on a priority basis. This capability is delivered by WebM due to the Matroska capability and is essentially a subset of the concerned modes. When encoding care has to be taken that the flag is set to –stereomode parameter in the sample VP8 encoder. Alternatively, one could also use the FFMpeg’s parameters. The present 3D content is displayed on Flash either as Vertical or Horizontal methods of interlacing with appropriate eyewear.
The future bodes well for 3D when all future videos are to be available for display, besides being transcoded into WebM format as well as the HTML 5 player.
You will need to connect to 3DVisionLive hosted by NVIDIA for that latest news on this technology with sufficient information for users, developers and geeks. You will be able to find competed details on browser and hardware compatibility at these links.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .