Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Now You Tube 3D arrive on WebM
You Tube continues to prove that it is the future of where the internet is going to be in the next few years by introducing the ultimate in internet media viewership. Meeting the demand from a growing number of 3D enthusiasts, You Tube introduced the 3D channel and today has close to a thousand and more 3D videos. Augmenting its
growth are several media enhancing channel partner including Nvidia a powerful proprietary 3D technology player. It offers 3D support for computer-based devices through their ever popular graphics processors, the latest of the lot being the GTX 560M chip. It enables high-quality 1080p 3D PC games, 3D Blu-ray movies, as well as 3D Clips streamlined from YouTube.
Nvdia in 1999, almost single handedly turned the entire 3D imagery for computers (it had redefined 2D graphics delivery for computer years before) with its GeForce 256, the first Graphics Processing Unit. And 3D and graphics we so enjoy has never had a bad day ever since.
Further enriching You Tube 3D experience is the killer combination of Nvidia and Mozilla enabling HTML5 player viewing using the WebM video codec. Additionally, Firefox 4 with Nvidia 3DVision support, support paraphernalia such as appropriate drivers and active shutter glasses such as the one in the supporting image are a necessity.
Again, these can be used in HDMI 1.4 to 3D televisions running on NVIDIA’s 3DTV Play Software. Again, Firefox 4 is the only browser able to support the hardware encoding and You Tube 3D for chrome is under development.
However, a few technical details need to be fine tuned for 3D viewing. This requires that 3D videos need ‘StereoMode’ flag to be set to WebM container for a value higher than zero or higher than mono value. Additionally, it supports side-by-side, top-bottom 3D synchronized either for left eye or for right eye on a priority basis. This capability is delivered by WebM due to the Matroska capability and is essentially a subset of the concerned modes. When encoding care has to be taken that the flag is set to –stereomode parameter in the sample VP8 encoder. Alternatively, one could also use the FFMpeg’s parameters. The present 3D content is displayed on Flash either as Vertical or Horizontal methods of interlacing with appropriate eyewear.
The future bodes well for 3D when all future videos are to be available for display, besides being transcoded into WebM format as well as the HTML 5 player.
You will need to connect to 3DVisionLive hosted by NVIDIA for that latest news on this technology with sufficient information for users, developers and geeks. You will be able to find competed details on browser and hardware compatibility at these links.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .