Now You Tube 3D arrive on WebM
You Tube continues to prove that it is the future of where the internet is going to be in the next few years by introducing the ultimate in internet media viewership. Meeting the demand from a growing number of 3D enthusiasts, You Tube introduced the 3D channel and today has close to a thousand and more 3D videos. Augmenting its
growth are several media enhancing channel partner including Nvidia a powerful proprietary 3D technology player. It offers 3D support for computer-based devices through their ever popular graphics processors, the latest of the lot being the GTX 560M chip. It enables high-quality 1080p 3D PC games, 3D Blu-ray movies, as well as 3D Clips streamlined from YouTube.
Nvdia in 1999, almost single handedly turned the entire 3D imagery for computers (it had redefined 2D graphics delivery for computer years before) with its GeForce 256, the first Graphics Processing Unit. And 3D and graphics we so enjoy has never had a bad day ever since.
Further enriching You Tube 3D experience is the killer combination of Nvidia and Mozilla enabling HTML5 player viewing using the WebM video codec. Additionally, Firefox 4 with Nvidia 3DVision support, support paraphernalia such as appropriate drivers and active shutter glasses such as the one in the supporting image are a necessity.
Again, these can be used in HDMI 1.4 to 3D televisions running on NVIDIA’s 3DTV Play Software. Again, Firefox 4 is the only browser able to support the hardware encoding and You Tube 3D for chrome is under development.
However, a few technical details need to be fine tuned for 3D viewing. This requires that 3D videos need ‘StereoMode’ flag to be set to WebM container for a value higher than zero or higher than mono value. Additionally, it supports side-by-side, top-bottom 3D synchronized either for left eye or for right eye on a priority basis. This capability is delivered by WebM due to the Matroska capability and is essentially a subset of the concerned modes. When encoding care has to be taken that the flag is set to –stereomode parameter in the sample VP8 encoder. Alternatively, one could also use the FFMpeg’s parameters. The present 3D content is displayed on Flash either as Vertical or Horizontal methods of interlacing with appropriate eyewear.
The future bodes well for 3D when all future videos are to be available for display, besides being transcoded into WebM format as well as the HTML 5 player.
You will need to connect to 3DVisionLive hosted by NVIDIA for that latest news on this technology with sufficient information for users, developers and geeks. You will be able to find competed details on browser and hardware compatibility at these links.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .