Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Nice themes for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal
If you just installed ubuntu11.04 and you didn`t like the default theme, it is always possible to change it with something that you like. This post will show you a list of great themes for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal.
The first set of themes I’d like to point out is the Equinox theme that recently got updated to work with Ubuntu11.04. It now includes three brand new themes, the Equinox Dawn, The Equinox Dusk and the Equinox Midnight. The total available number of themes under the Equinox label are 5. These themes are now available in a ppa which make them easy to install.
Find mor screenshots in this link.
As I mentioned earlier, installation is really a breeze. Just open a terminal and enter the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-equinox equinox-theme
If you’d like to enable the Nautilus breadcrumbs, you first need to ensure that you have nautilus elementary installed first. If you already have it, you can skip the step below.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
sudo apt-get update
Now open it as root and head to /usr/share/themes. Open your theme’s .gtkrc file and uncomment the line below.
Make nautilus reload it with the following
2- The second theme I’m going to cover is called ‘Ambience’, it’s bordered version, if you’d like to be specific.
Installation itself is fairly easy. Download the package and extract it.
Copy the folder “Ambiance-bordered” into your ~/.themes folder, or into /usr/share/themes to install for all users (including “sudo” applications). That’s all there’s to it.
3- The third on this list is called ‘Eriteide’. It’s a mockdup based on the Equinox theme and the Equinox evolution engine which we covered as the first element on this article.
Installation is the same as the one posted before.
4- The 4th theme is called ‘Absolute’. It’s an absolutely fantastic theme if you’re a minimalist like me. Just take a look, pictures convey far more than words ever can ;)
I like the simple style of doing things. It’s absolutely gorgeous and gives off a simple, clean and yet, elegant look.
That’s all I found so far. Theming is a never ending world, after all. We’d love it if you guys could share your favorite themes in the comments section. After all, sharing is caring ;)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .