Nice themes for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal
If you just installed ubuntu11.04 and you didn`t like the default theme, it is always possible to change it with something that you like. This post will show you a list of great themes for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal.
The first set of themes I’d like to point out is the Equinox theme that recently got updated to work with Ubuntu11.04. It now includes three brand new themes, the Equinox Dawn, The Equinox Dusk and the Equinox Midnight. The total available number of themes under the Equinox label are 5. These themes are now available in a ppa which make them easy to install.
Find mor screenshots in this link.
As I mentioned earlier, installation is really a breeze. Just open a terminal and enter the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-equinox equinox-theme
If you’d like to enable the Nautilus breadcrumbs, you first need to ensure that you have nautilus elementary installed first. If you already have it, you can skip the step below.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
sudo apt-get update
Now open it as root and head to /usr/share/themes. Open your theme’s .gtkrc file and uncomment the line below.
Make nautilus reload it with the following
2- The second theme I’m going to cover is called ‘Ambience’, it’s bordered version, if you’d like to be specific.
Installation itself is fairly easy. Download the package and extract it.
Copy the folder “Ambiance-bordered” into your ~/.themes folder, or into /usr/share/themes to install for all users (including “sudo” applications). That’s all there’s to it.
3- The third on this list is called ‘Eriteide’. It’s a mockdup based on the Equinox theme and the Equinox evolution engine which we covered as the first element on this article.
Installation is the same as the one posted before.
4- The 4th theme is called ‘Absolute’. It’s an absolutely fantastic theme if you’re a minimalist like me. Just take a look, pictures convey far more than words ever can ;)
I like the simple style of doing things. It’s absolutely gorgeous and gives off a simple, clean and yet, elegant look.
That’s all I found so far. Theming is a never ending world, after all. We’d love it if you guys could share your favorite themes in the comments section. After all, sharing is caring ;)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .